Is my build considered to be a high performance system?

yoshiii

Hello

Is my new build considered to be a high performance system?

It has a i7 4790K, 16gb 2133 DDR 3 ram, 2 ssd's, 2 hdd's, a liquid cooler and 4 case fans.  My gpu is a 660 which I know isn't high performance.

Why the 650????

CPU: Intel Core i5-4460Motherboard: Asus Z97-A/USB 3.1Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 8GBStorage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 128GBGPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 290 4GB Tri-X OC Video CardCase: Corsair SPEC-01 REDPower Supply: EVGA 600BNetworking Card: TP-Link TL-WDN4800Monitor: Asus VG248QE 144Hz 24.0" MonitorKeyboard: Razer BlackWidow Tournament Edition (Cherry MX Blue) Mouse: Logitech G100s | Quote me and say "Dope Flamingo" if you actually read this. 

You couldn't call it high performance for gaming because of the GPU.

Setup

CPU: i3 4160|Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC MATE|RAM: Kingston HyperX Blue 8GB(2x4GB)|GPU: Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB|PSU: Seasonic M12II EVO 620W Modular|Storage: 1TB WD Blue|Case: NZXT S340 Black|PCIe devices: TP-Link WDN4800| Montior: ASUS VE247H| Others: PS3/PS4

You couldn't call it high performance for gaming because of the GPU.

I am not counting the 660, its from my old pc. I am buying a 970 or 980ti

On a hardware forum, not really. Sorry to say :-/ Especially if you ask us hardware enthusiasts and modders on the forum.

Hardware: Intel I7 4790K 4Ghz | Asus Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Gigabyte 780 Windforce OC | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Sandisk Extreme Pro 480GB | Seagate 500Gb 7200Rpm | Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | Noctua NF12 | SupremeFX 2014 | Patriot Viper 3 16GB.

Gaming Gear: Cooler Master TK Stealth | Sennheiser PC350SE | Steelseries Rival | LG IPS23L-BN ' 5ms | Philips Brillians 144hz 

I am not counting the 660, its from my old pc. I am buying a 970 or 980ti

with a 970 that would be reasonably far into high-end, with a 980ti I would probably call it "ultra-high end" (meaningless as that is)

Pro Tip: don't use flash when taking pictures of your build; use a longer exposure instead. Prop up your camera with something (preferably a tripod) if necessary.

if you use retarded/autistic/etc to mean stupid please gtfo

On a hardware forum, not really. Sorry to say :-/ Especially if you ask us hardware enthusiasts and modders on the forum.

I mean from a performance point of view on the 1150 platform.

I don't mean all of the extra stuff that can be done to the pc with cooling and all.