Returning my gtx 780

Uwillparish

So, I have had to rma my gtx 780, sadly, after it died 2 weeks ago, and i learned over the weekend that they were replacing it with a stock 970, which i have a few problems with.

-The 780 i had was a SC reference edition, which means i had a titan style cooler, which i loved, and gave me the possibility to water cool the bad boy, which i have done for the last 2 months.

-I have had 3 970's, all of which had severe coil whine, which i could hear across the room, and all 3 of which, i returned, and eventually got a refund on.

-They're giving me a used one, which is very irritating, As i don't know what the card could have been used for, overclocked, ect ect.

So guys, What do i do, should i call evga back and argue for a different card, should i try to get them to give me a refund, or a brand new card? I'm stuck here, also, feel free to link a evga rep. if we have one here on the forums.

Thanks,

-UWillParish

EDIT:Derp, forgot to mention they're replacing it with a 780 ti, sorry for the confusion

I'd go for a refund or a new card, if they argue fight back again. You shouldn't get a a card that's not capable of what a 780Ti can do and a used one to top it off. I didn't have a problem with EVGA when I RMAd a 960. They actually sent me a 97@ because I ended up having to RMA it a 2nd time.

i7-6700k  Cooling: Deepcool Captain 240EX White GPU: GTX 1080Ti EVGA FTW3 Mobo: AsRock Z170 Extreme4 Case: Phanteks P400s TG Special Black/White PSU: EVGA 850w GQ Ram: 64GB (3200Mhz 16x4 Corsair Vengeance RGB) Storage 1x 1TB Seagate Barracuda 240GBSandisk SSDPlus, 480GB OCZ Trion 150, 1TB Crucial NVMe
(Rest of Specs on Profile)

970 is better than a stock 780

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

The stock 970 has a titan cooler no?

not EVGA's version, they have they're crappy reference coolers.

I'd go for a refund or a new card, if they argue fight back again. You shouldn't get a a card that's not capable of what a 780Ti can do and a used one to top it off. I didn't have a problem with EVGA when I RMAd a 960. They actually sent me a 97@ because I ended up having to RMA it a 2nd time.

well, if I have to rma it a 2nd time, I will certainty fight them on this

970 is better than a stock 970.

I think you mean a stock 780 ti, and I realize this, but again, the problems I have had with 970's make that card very un-appealing

Isnt this the same topic you posted last week?

they just offered me this card today, so no

not EVGA's version, they have they're crappy reference coolers.

well, if I have to rma it a 2nd time, I will certainty fight them on this

I think you mean a stock 780 ti, and I realize this, but again, the problems I have had with 970's make that card very un-appealing

they just offered me this card today, so no

ohhh, 780 Ti is faster than stock 970, I thought you meant 780.

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

So, small update, From what evga told me last night, when they said they would send me the 780 ti instead, That they would be handling everything from here, and I would see the 780 ti shipped today, and will see it arrive Friday, So far they have not shipped it, and on the rma page it says cross-ship(which is where they send you the card then you send them yours back for a price, which doesn't apply here since I don't have a card) and it shows I need to put down collateral for the card, which I called and asked, and they said that was a error, But it still shows, So if my gpu isn't shipped today, and its not here by Friday, im going to probably push for a 980, as I will have been out a card for 3 weeks