shut down on with bf4

SLiKRiC

so this is the first time building a PC. I've had it running great. I play league of legends for hours and nothing. My computer seems to crash on me only with battlefield. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be? I'm not over clocking anything. All stock

so this is the first time building a PC. I've had it running great. I play league of legends for hours and nothing. My computer seems to crash on me only with battlefield. Anyone got any ideas on what it could be? I'm not over clocking anything. All stock

remember to follow your topics so you get notified of responses. Is it a full system crash, game crash, etc? can you run msi afterburner or something similar to see what speed your 980 is running at?

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to leave that much info out of it. Thought i had my rig info like everyone else. X99 Asus Deluxe, i7-5820k, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2666, ax1200 psu, EVGA GTX 980 FTW. hopefully that's what you guys are wondering about. and as for the shut down, My screen goes off, my keyboard and mice goes off. My computer is still on but nothing is working. I have to manually turn it off fully and turn it back on. only with battlefield 4. league works just fine for me.  Ive been reading on the forums about this and i hear a lot about the PSU or Memory. Let me know what else you guys need to know. Again sorry this is only like my 5th or 6th post. Still new to this forum but loving it really. You guys are the best.

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to leave that much info out of it. Thought i had my rig info like everyone else. X99 Asus Deluxe, i7-5820k, corsair vengeance 16gb ddr4 2666, ax1200 psu, EVGA GTX 980 FTW. hopefully that's what you guys are wondering about. and as for the shut down, My screen goes off, my keyboard and mice goes off. My computer is still on but nothing is working. I have to manually turn it off fully and turn it back on. only with battlefield 4. league works just fine for me.  Ive been reading on the forums about this and i hear a lot about the PSU or Memory. Let me know what else you guys need to know. Again sorry this is only like my 5th or 6th post. Still new to this forum but loving it really. You guys are the best.

One, you're running a platform designed for content creation, and not gaming. So that was a mistake. 

Secondly, I was actually having the very same issue you appear to be having, aside from what was causing it. It ended up being slightly-incompatible RAM. So you might want to look into that. 

One, you're running a platform designed for content creation, and not gaming. So that was a mistake. 

Secondly, I was actually having the very same issue you appear to be having, aside from what was causing it. It ended up being slightly-incompatible RAM. So you might want to look into that. 

yeah made this pc because that's what I want to study. gaming is just here and there. 

I'll look into the RAM thing. :D

yeah made this pc because that's what I want to study. gaming is just here and there. 

Oh, good on you then! I just hate seeing folks spending $800 on X99 for gaming, when they can get by with a z97 board, a 4690k, and 16GB of RAM for $400. Such wasted overhead. 

Specifically with my issue, it was during lobbies of League of Legends. Screen would shut off, keyboard and mouse would, and the PC would still stay powered. Event Logs were spitting out some errors which were related to Memory Incompatibility issues. 

did you set the xmp profile in your bios? try changing what speed your ram is running on, that may help. Also try installing a different driver for your 980 just to make sure that isn't causing any problems.

I am the one who goes bump in the night... usually making a sandwich.

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo White - Motherboard: ASUS X99 Deluxe - CPU: Intel i7 5820k - RAM: 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz ddr4 - GPU: Dual EVGA gtx 980 SSC - PSU: EVGA G2 Supernova 750w - Cooler: Custom PETG Loop on cpu and gpus - Storage: 500gb Samsung 850 evo ssd, 2x Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 3tb hdd

did you set the xmp profile in your bios? try changing what speed your ram is running on, that may help. Also try installing a different driver for your 980 just to make sure that isn't causing any problems.

i set everything on default 

Try the beta drivers. Also, does it say anything in Event Viewer?

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

Try the beta drivers. Also, does it say anything in Event Viewer?

I did that and it just says unexpected shut down. Event 41. Looked it up but didn't really get much info other than it shut down without me telling it to shut down.

I did a benchmark test with 3DMark just to see if it was my graphics card or cpu or something since it only happens when I play battlefield

No crashes to my surprise, just low FPS. Got lower scores that at of a computer with a 970.

this is not the answer but just a suggestion ...... please check your BIOS is up to date had a problem with a ASUS MOTHERBOARD and memory and it came down to me not having the latest BIOS