G710 or Blackwidow T.E?

malicalik13

Hello guys! I have been looking for a mechanical keyboard for some time and finally narrowed down my options to these two:
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Mechanical-Keyboard-High-Speed-920-006519/dp/B00QI2WPJ8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1434031071&sr=8-2&keywords=g710(Logitech G710 with Blue switches)

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Tournament-Essential-Mechanical/dp/B00IG3GPC0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1434371886&sr=8-1&keywords=blackwidow+tournament(Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition)

So Blackwidow is tenkeyless and I don't use my numpad too often. It also has international warranty (I don't live in US) but I'm not sure about the reliability of Razer switches. G710 on the other hand is a full sized keyboard with backlighting,USB passthrough,macro keys and a wrist rest. Also it is more expensive. What are your thoughts? 

g710. Japan switches is wayyyy better than razer switches.

G710 have their switches custom for gaming. Razer uses cheap china switch.

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

g710. Japan switches is wayyyy better

You mean german switches.

Intel i7 7700K | MSI Z270 Gaming M3 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X| Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 3000Mhz Samsung EVO 850 250GB | WD Blue 1TB | Corsair CS650M | Thermalright Macho Rev. A | NZXT S340

CM Storm Quickfire TK [MX Blues] | Zowie FK1 |  Kingston HyperX Cloud

G710+ is a much more well featured keyboard IMO

Also known to his peers as Lord Scrubby McScrubington

g710. Japan switches is wayyyy better than razer switches.

G710 have their switches custom for gaming. Razer uses cheap china switch.

that's the g910 with the romer-g 

I cant comment on the blackwidow because I didnt try it, but I can tell you that you cant at all go wrong with G710 ;), plus it looks much better than the razer one

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850

that's the g910 with the romer-g 

tot all from japan lol. 

CPU:  i7 4770k @ overclocked to 4.4ghz             GPU: Intel HD4600                                                                SSD: Kingston V300 120GB (OS)                   Cooler:  Corsair H100i GTX
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolve (Black)                RAM: 2x4gb Corsair Dominator Platinium 2133mhz  HDD: 1TB Seagate                                            Mouse: Logitech G502
OS:     Windows 10                                                      PSU: Corsair RM850i 80+ Gold                                          Motherboard:  AsusZ97 Pro Gamer              Keyboard: Vortex Pok3r 3

tot all from japan lol. 

Not sure if serious.

Anyway,

As for the actual keyboards, G710 is good overall featurewise since you get cherry switches, full size keyboards with backlight and macro keys and of course don't forget O-rings which can cost quite a bit purchasing separately. But in terms of overall built quality it's not top notch, Logitech's motto probably plastic for life or something. And let's please don't just always focus on the switches when we talk about quality but also the casings... 

Razer gets a lot of hate since it's as far as I know the only premium (cost-wise) gaming brand that uses the Khail switches. But really I think the overall quality is not terrible. Again and again we see this forum praise Corsiar while dissing Razer, but to be honest I feel better typing on my GF's 1 years old 2014 BW than on my K95, the flimsyness of some keys on the K95 is driving me crazier day by day and I might have it replaced soon in the future. Probably a personal thing or common with red switches?, since I hardly see any other complaints regarding that aspect of the corsair boards. I would rate Corsair and Razer on the same level as overall quality. 

TL;DR, Still recommend to go with Logitech G710, but wait for a sale since it does go on sale often. Razer is not as bad as some claim, and other brands probably not as good as some claim too, there is fanboys and the need for justification in all of us.