21:9 gaming

Hi guys, im needing a good 21:9 monitor in a range between 200$ and 300$USD, any suggestions?

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

Hi guys, im needing a good 21:9 monitor in a range between 200$ and 300$USD, any suggestions?

This would be the one to get. I have it, used to have the 29" but the price gap wasn't worth it so I downtraded. Newegg has been known to have amazing sales on this. I have seen it go as low as $170 but often down to $200

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I also recommend you get this app if you decide to get into 21:9 gaming because whenever there is an issue with a game not supporting the aspect ratio you load this little baby up...http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/And bam you are good to go on basically every game that has issues.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I also recommend you get this app if you decide to get into 21:9 gaming because whenever there is an issue with a game not supporting the aspect ratio you load this little baby up...http://www.flawlesswidescreen.org/And bam you are good to go on basically every game that has issues.

i have to say i have not had the need to use that app on any games yet :) most new games work out the box and the old games to only games like COD have really bad FOV on 21:9.  

and you can get a ban if you use that app in online with COD.

Needs Update

i have to say i have not had the need to use that app on any games yet :) most new games work out the box and the old games to only games like COD have really bad FOV on 21:9.  

and you can get a ban if you use that app in online with COD.

All banable changes are noted in the application. But I have not needed to use it in a while myself.

This would be the one to get. I have it, used to have the 29" but the price gap wasn't worth it so I downtraded. Newegg has been known to have amazing sales on this. I have seen it go as low as $170 but often down to $200

Thanks for everything dude!

also thanks to all of you :D

I would avoid the 25" monitors if possible, they are really small vertically. I actually just bought (arrived this afternoon even) a LG 29UM55-P for $250 used ($400 retail) off of Amazon and if you're in the US I believe they still have some left in stock.

I would avoid the 25" monitors if possible, they are really small vertically. I actually just bought (arrived this afternoon even) a LG 29UM55-P for $250 used ($400 retail) off of Amazon and if you're in the US I believe they still have some left in stock.

not really i play on a 25" 21:9 and it like 1 inch less then a my 24" 1080p and i would much rather play on it then the 24" it just something you get use to if you normal play on a 27" then a 25 will look tiny... but if you come from a 21 or 23 inch its look nice :) and the pixel density is better then on 29"

Needs Update

not really i play on a 25" 21:9 and it like 1 inch less then a my 24" 1080p and i would much rather play on it then the 24" it just something you get use to if you normal play on a 27" then a 25 will look tiny... but if you come from a 21 or 23 inch its look nice :) and the pixel density is better then on 29"

The 29" is about the same height as a 24", so it's really perfect to me. It also means that my flanking 24" monitors scale well against it. I've tried the 25" but it was just too short for me, and for just $50 more the used 29" just seemed perfect. 

The 29" is about the same height as a 24", so it's really perfect to me. It also means that my flanking 24" monitors scale well against it. I've tried the 25" but it was just too short for me, and for just $50 more the used 29" just seemed perfect. 

it depends if you like buying used monitors. it can sometimes be risky. and all depends on personal preference and i would say if you play on anything biger then 24" you should get a 29" but if your on 23 or 21" you can still get a 25" and be happy with the size. 

Needs Update

The 25" is shit.

At no circumstances should anyone buy a 25" 21:9. 

29" is the minimum size for that aspect ratio.

The 25" is shit.

That is a preference thing.  

I use a 25" 21:9 its not really a noticeable difference from my 23" 16:9 after you have used it for awhile.

Even using forced 16:9 on it really isn't that bad with its 20" screen space with bars on each end.

The 25" is shit.

Really a blind perspective I had a 15" gaming laptop for almost a year and It was perfectly fine if you get used it and sometimes it can even look better with FHD on a 15"

Needs Update

Really a blind perspective I had a 15" gaming laptop for almost a year and It was perfectly fine if you get used it and sometimes it can even look better with FHD on a 15"

Defending your purchase or convincing yourself of something cheaper because you cant afford the more expensive part is the true blindless among people.

But i also never pat myself on the back... so im not like the rest of you.