2 Reservoirs in one loop???

So ive been planning my build for a few months now and ive finally settled on a case and componants ill be using the 900d for the shear size of it and how much i can fit in it but ive had an idea to put 2 reservoirs in my one loop just for aesthetics!

ive done a fair bit of reserch and come up with the plan of having one bay type res and another tube rez inside the case! im just concerned with flow rates because ill be using a mcp655 variable speed pump should i have the speed set to low so that pressure isnt an issue or would it be perfectly fine on the usual meduim setting im also puttiing a flow meter in thats controlled by my fan controller so that i can monitor it

ive also thought i probably shouldnt use hard tubing as ive herd horrorible problems occour when under heavy pressure loads ive calculated by the time ive gotten all the air out the loop should consist of about 2.5L of coolant which is more than ive ever put in a single loop before so i think soft tubing 1/2 ID 3/4 OD should be the go

this is a rought estimate of the loop order

(Start: Pump-(480mm RAD-480mm RAD)(these are in the basement of the case)-GPU1-GPU2-CPU-RAM-(360mm RAD)(Top of the case)-Bay Rez-Flow Meter-Tube Rez-Back to Pump)

If you have any advice i would be greatfull or if youve got a 2 rez loop could you post some pictures so that i can have a look

Cheerz!

I wouldn't ruin the look of the 900D with a bay res because of the extended bay covers it would look odd.

I you want to have more than one res it should only for aesthetics. There is no real advantage to having more than one res.

just make sure the cylinder res is the one with the pump under it, have the tubing hooked up to the bay res with the pump feeding through it directly on the highest input, then from the second res onto the rest of the loop.

enrCjH7.png

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

just make sure the cylinder res is the one with the pump under it, have the tubing hooked up to the bay res with the pump feeding through it directly on the highest input, then from the second res onto the rest of the loop.

enrCjH7.png

Oh ok i had it the other way around in my head but ill do it that way and make the tubing look nice and clean! thx for that

Oh ok i had it the other way around in my head but ill do it that way and make the tubing look nice and clean! thx for that

keep the second res completely closed and fill through the cylinder res, nice and easy.

Available from 3pm to Midnight Eastern Time (GMT-5). (>'-')> <('-'<) ^(' - ')^ <('-'<) (>'-')> You can't stop the kirby dance. 

4770k | Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini | Lian Li PC-TU100B | MSI Z87I 2x8GB G.Skill Sniper | Noctua NH-L9i Silverstone Strider 450W SFX | Windows 10 | 2x 250GB 840 Evo Rad 0 1x 1TB WD 2.5" | 25% gaming, 25% CAD and rendering, and 50% web browsing.

I wouldn't ruin the look of the 900D with a bay res because of the extended bay covers it would look odd.

I you want to have more than one res it should only for aesthetics. There is no real advantage to having more than one res.

Ive made a custom bay rez out of aluminium and ive brushed it to almost the same as teh front pannel althought ive only had pictures to work off and linus's video im pretty certain it will look great its all welded together and ive pressure tested it up to 1.8 bar which is far more than the failure point of my radiators so it should look fantastic and be very functional!

if you do go with a bay res, the front is gonna look so bad....

Ive made a custom bay rez out of aluminium and ive brushed it to almost the same as teh front pannel althought ive only had pictures to work off and linus's video im pretty certain it will look great its all welded together and ive pressure tested it up to 1.8 bar which is far more than the failure point of my radiators so it should look fantastic and be very functional!

Then I'm way into it. It should look amazing

Make sure the second res is full of water to the brim. (No air inside it at all)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Looking forward to how this works out.  I had the same dilemma and installed my bay/pump combo (XSPC) at the very bottom of the case - didn't break up the look of the front.  Link to my build in my sig.  I will be upgrading to a stand-alone MCP655 pump and get rid of the pump/bay combo - not enough power.

My build:  Leviathan  Case: 900D  CPU: i7 3770K (watercooled)  Mobo: Z77X-UD5H GPU: EVGA GTX 780 Hydro Copper GPU: MSI GTX 780 watercooled PSU: EVGA 1300W G2  RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengance  HDDs: 1 x 120 GB Intel 330 SSD (OS X); 1 x 256 GB Samsung 840 pro (Windows 8); 2 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda (RAID 0 Data OS X); 1 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda (OS X backups)  Monitors: 1 x 24" Apple LED Cinema (center); 2 x 23" Apple LED Cinema (surround)  Watercooling: 3 rads, CPU, GPU, GPU, MCP655 pump, Lots of fittings, EK reservoir, EK UV Blue coolant.  Updated build: Leviathan 2.0

Looking forward to how this works out.  I had the same dilemma and installed my bay/pump combo (XSPC) at the very bottom of the case - didn't break up the look of the front.  Link to my build in my sig.  I will be upgrading to a stand-alone MCP655 pump and get rid of the pump/bay combo - not enough power.

A pump/bay combo doesn't reduce pump power. :/

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

Ronsanut used 2 250mm res's in his Caselabs S3, both functional. He was using a Y fitting connecting both to the pump, and a Y fitting on top to have water go into both the res's.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.