Audio stuff

Underscore

Hello and good day! I have a first world audio problem/challenge I need some help with solving. The problem/challenge: I frequently game on both a console and my pc and I only use one headset, the xbox one stereo headset (http://www.xbox.com/nb-NO/xbox-one/accessories/headsets/stereo-headset#fbid=iNL_cMTbvEq) and there are alot of times when I would like the headset to be working on both devices at the same time, meaning that I could listen to a podcast from my pc while still beeing able to fully use the headset for the xbox, and the same thing for when I game on the pc, but have someone online on xbox beeing able to chat with them while still hearing everything from the game on the pc. If the info is of any help the headset ends in a four pole 3.5mm jack carrying both stereo audio and the mic signal in one(dont know if thats what the actual name of the type of jack is but hope it comes through what I mean.)

So basically I need a device that can split my headset signal and send it to two places while still beeing able to keep all the functionality that it has now when I use it on the xbox.

If you have any suggestions a reply would be awesome, and if you have a product name or even a link to where I could look at it that would be even better. If there are any specific adapters or cables I would need for a suggested method it would be nice if you could add that in your reply aswell.

Hope to hear some replys form someone out there!  :) 

A VFX artist dabbling in the dark arts of programming in his spare time

I think your best option would be to play in the PC.   

I can't think of any easy ways of keeping the Mic in the headset working and have all the sounds from the console and the PC playing in the headset.  You'd end up with a lot of cables on your lap.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Check on the back of your T.V. If you have an audio out or hdmi out or just really anything out, I think I can help.

Course I do :) . Audio out: RCA and optical. What you got?

Course I do :) . Audio out: RCA and optical. What you got?

242wp3d.png

Just FYI, this took a long time to draw and figure out, so I hope it's useful. Anyway, since 10 is the only thing required to talk in the Xbox world, that makes this whole thing possible. If you want to hear audio and/or talk to your friends on the computer while hearing and talking to your friends on the Xbox one, unplug 7 and 8 and plug them into the respective ports in your computer. Unfortunetly, you cannot hear xbox game audio and computer audio at the same time, but you can still hear the party chat. You don't have to use the Turtle Beach X12, but you still need to have 3.5mm jack to RCA or whatever and they still need to be in this sort of configuration. I hope you know what I mean. I don't know what other headphones those come with, except the Turtle Beach X12. You can NOT use the XBox One Stereo Headset. It is inpossibe to hook up to a computer as far as I know. Anyway, hope this helped.

242wp3d.png

Just FYI, this took a long time to draw and figure out, so I hope it's useful. Anyway, since 10 is the only thing required to talk in the Xbox world, that makes this whole thing possible. If you want to hear audio and/or talk to your friends on the computer while hearing and talking to your friends on the Xbox one, unplug 7 and 8 and plug them into the respective ports in your computer. Unfortunetly, you cannot hear xbox game audio and computer audio at the same time, but you can still hear the party chat. You don't have to use the Turtle Beach X12, but you still need to have 3.5mm jack to RCA or whatever and they still need to be in this sort of configuration. I hope you know what I mean. I don't know what other headphones those come with, except the Turtle Beach X12. You can NOT use the XBox One Stereo Headset. It is inpossibe to hook up to a computer as far as I know. Anyway, hope this helped.

Not gonna lie that drawing was (alittle) confusing  :lol:. I am not sure this is what I am looking for, more in the realm of a mixer or something similar, just a "hub" where I can plug all the stuff into and route it to the ports it needs to go and boom, have it work.

Not gonna lie that drawing was (alittle) confusing  :lol:. I am not sure this is what I am looking for, more in the realm of a mixer or something similar, just a "hub" where I can plug all the stuff into and route it to the ports it needs to go and boom, have it work.

That would require some more money, (and time) to do that, but it is possibe. If you could, take a picture of your room, maybe with your phone so you can do that panarama thing, or do it with a fish eye lense.

You can plug the output of your TV/monitor into the line in of your computer for game audio, and possibly chat audio (haven't played in the settings of an xbone, but you could do it on the 360).

There's various adapters for headsets to connect to your controller, so you could just use one of those for mic input.

You can plug the output of your TV/monitor into the line in of your computer for game audio, and possibly chat audio (haven't played in the settings of an xbone, but you could do it on the 360).

There's various adapters for headsets to connect to your controller, so you could just use one of those for mic input.

What kind of adapter are you talking about?