Has Anybody Used the CM Storm Devastator?

Tie Lightning

Hey y'all! So i play a lot of CS:GO and the keyboard i've been using is a stock HP membrane keyboard. And i dont have the money to get a mechanical keyboard so i wanted to get the CM Storm Devastator. Primarily for the back lightning (cause my rig is blue themed) and for the reliability over my current keyboard. But one question i hope somebody can answer is that on the CM keyboard, do they key presses sometimes not respond? Because i need a reliable keyboard and i cant have key presses not registering. Thanks :)

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

The keys respond perfectly on mine. Way better than the generic HP and Acer keyboards I have had before. The only downside I can actually give at all is that after a little bit the scroll button on my mouse started squeaking but my keyboard has a two year warranty so that's not really a problem. Do you have any other questions?

I have the blue model as well.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I have tried it before at a local internet cafe and it's good for a membrane keyboard. It doesn't have the issues that many cheap generic keyboard have and the backlighting is surprisingly good for the price.

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

The keys respond perfectly on mine. Way better than the generic HP and Acer keyboards I have had before. The only downside I can actually give at all is that after a little bit the scroll button on my mouse started squeaking but my keyboard has a two year warranty so that's not really a problem. Do you have any other questions?

I have the blue model as well.

Actually yes! on the left shift, have you ever had any problems with the left shift because i use that key A LOT. And also does the keyboard slide on your desk at all? Because i have that problem on my current keyboard. 

CPU: AMD FX-6300     COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO    MOBO: ASUS M5A97 R2.0    RAM: Team Vulcan 8Gb (4Gb x 2) , G-Skill Sniper (4Gb x 2)    PSU: Rosewill HIVE-750w    GPU: ASUS HD 7790 2Gb OC    CASE: NZXT Phantom 410    STORAGE: WD Black 1Tb , Intel 530 120Gb     AUDIO: HyperX Cloud , Sennheiser HD 518 , Audio Technica ATH-M30 , Sennheiser MM30G , Yamaha RX-V361 , Pioneer SP-BS22     PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge     PERIPHERALS: Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Classic , Logitech g502 ( Thanks Syntaxvgm <3 )

Actually yes! on the left shift, have you ever had any problems with the left shift because i use that key A LOT. And also does the keyboard slide on your desk at all? Because i have that problem on my current keyboard. 

Shift key is great (I use it a lot too) and the keyboard sticks to the desk I have nicely. No sliding. There are rubber "legs" on the bottom of each corner that keeps it in place. The legs are pretty big which helps keep the keyboard planted.

edit

Honestly I'm surprised this keyboard was as cheap as it was. For the quality it feels like it should have been 40$ at the least.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Shift key is great (I use it a lot too) and the keyboard sticks to the desk I have nicely. No sliding. There are rubber "legs" on the bottom of each corner that keeps it in place. The legs are pretty big which helps keep the keyboard planted.

Thankyou so much! I'm now confident in buying this keyboard!

Thankyou so much! I'm now confident in buying this keyboard!

No problem! I hope you love it as much as I do. :D

(another thing if you use Ubuntu the button to turn the LED on doesn't work straight off. Takes some coding but if you use Ubuntu and want help on it, just shoot me a PM and I'll help you set it up *goes for anyone else too*)

It's a great combo even if you don't use the mouse, the cost is worth it just for the keyboard. If you don't mind a shorter warranty, the oem version is on sale from time to time for around $17 after mir. 

Edit:

Oh look, it's $19.99 after mir for the oem version. I guess I remembered incorrectly as this also comes with a 2 year warranty. I guess the money you save comes from the lack of artwork on the box lol.

Hey y'all! So i play a lot of CS:GO and the keyboard i've been using is a stock HP membrane keyboard. And i dont have the money to get a mechanical keyboard so i wanted to get the CM Storm Devastator. Primarily for the back lightning (cause my rig is blue themed) and for the reliability over my current keyboard. But one question i hope somebody can answer is that on the CM keyboard, do they key presses sometimes not respond? Because i need a reliable keyboard and i cant have key presses not registering. Thanks :)

My cousin has one, it looked kinda nice, though I never got to use it.

You could always get one of the cheapo dell stock keyboards like what I use (cause the k70 rgb is so fucking expensive..), it has served me for around a year quite well, along with my mom for probably 8+ years.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W