Can't change stock N600 fans' orientation (or can you?)

Go to solution Solved by ZetZet,

There are no threads, it's plastic, you just screw it in an threads happen.

Hello. So I was trying to "dustproof" my case and wanted to make my rear fan as an intake. I removed it from its stock position and flipped it (positioned it as an intake). Started screwing it in but I can't fit in the screws.. Then I looked carefully and found that there aren't any threads on the opposite side of the fan. The only threaded holes are on the back side of the fan (where the sticker is)...

Does that mean that I can't install it as an intake? The fans are stock fans from Cooler Master N600 case.

Thanks in advance,

Jonas.

Sorry for my bad English!
i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Yeah fans dont come pre threaded... The screw makes the threads when you install it the first time so its fine.

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

The rear fan doesn't have a dust filter, so if you plan on using it as an intake, make sure you get something that can be used as such. fine mesh ideally, but a piece of old pantyhose could do the trick.

Also if you have an aftermarket air cooler (I see yours is stock but I'll mention it anyway), make sure it isn't blowing towards that fan as you'd be reducing the effectiveness of both.

Fine mesh ideally, but a piece of old pantyhose could do the trick.

Gold

Thanks for the answers!

i5-4590 | Sabertooth Z97 mk2 | Intel HD 4600 | ADATA XPG V1 2x4GB 1600MHz CL9 | Intel 530 120GB | Cooler Master N600 | Seasonic G-450 | Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 | Win8.1 Pro x64

Yeah fans dont come pre threaded... The screw makes the threads when you install it the first time so its fine.

The rear fan doesn't have a dust filter, so if you plan on using it as an intake, make sure you get something that can be used as such. fine mesh ideally, but a piece of old pantyhose could do the trick.

Also if you have an aftermarket air cooler (I see yours is stock but I'll mention it anyway), make sure it isn't blowing towards that fan as you'd be reducing the effectiveness of both.

Thanks!