Looking for router suggestions for concrete walled office.

Bladst
Go to solution Solved by bob345,

Proffesional probably wasn't the right choice in wording. I am looking for something that will be better in a concrete, almost basement like, building that is better than the Belkin 15n, netgear n300, and asus rt-n53 n600. I have tried using a Tp-link 300mbps repeater in combination with the asus router that I am currently using but cannot keep a signal.

Its for a laptop, a desktop, 2 tablets and 4 phones.

The other desktops are hardwired.

The asus ac56u may be what you need. I have one and the 2.4ghz range is pretty good. I can get around 100ft away from my house before i get disconected. For $100, i dont know of anything better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320167&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Wireless+Routers-_-N82E16833320167&gclid=CIL2757MhsYCFQqDfgodZbEArA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Hey all,

So I am looking for some advice on a router for my office. The farthest pc has 2 concrete walls in between them. I have tried a few cheap routers so far and none have proven effective, low speeds and questionable connections. I have not put forth more than 30 dollars for one and I think it is time to move up to a bit stronger of a router. Not a 1500 dollar network one or something insane just better than what I had.

I would like ot keep it under 100-150 us or at least around there.

What do you guys have or use. Looking for any reccomendations and I appreticate your time.

Thanks.

Hey all,

So I am looking for some advice on a router for my office. The farthest pc has 2 concrete walls in between them. I have tried a few cheap routers so far and none have proven effective, low speeds and questionable connections. I have not put forth more than 30 dollars for one and I think it is time to move up to a bit more of a proffesional grade router.

I would like ot keep it under 100 us or at least around there.

What do you guys have or use. Looking for any reccomendations and I appreticate your time.

Thanks.

get a AC wireless router, then a wireless AC receiver. both ends need to be powerful for that to really work out

$100 wont get you any kind of professional router. also, will the router be for mobile devices or for work machines? if it is for work machines i would go hardwired.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

$100 wont get you any kind of professional router. also, will the router be for mobile devices or for work machines? if it is for work machines i would go hardwired.

Proffesional probably wasn't the right choice in wording. I am looking for something that will be better in a concrete, almost basement like, building that is better than the Belkin 15n, netgear n300, and asus rt-n53 n600. I have tried using a Tp-link 300mbps repeater in combination with the asus router that I am currently using but cannot keep a signal.

To be honest i would say a 100 dollars budge is not adequate if you what high class gear. end of story.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

The asus ac56u may be what you need. I have one and the 2.4ghz range is pretty good. I can get around 100ft away from my house before i get disconected. For $100, i dont know of anything better.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833320167&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Wireless+Routers-_-N82E16833320167&gclid=CIL2757MhsYCFQqDfgodZbEArA&gclsrc=aw.ds

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

100-150 around there but yeah I will look into it thank you.