Best all rounded speakers under 200 dollars?

tacothief

I currently own a pair of ath-m50x but ive been wanting to try speakers for a while. I love the natural and balanced sounds from the m50x. What are good speakers that have natural and balanced sound? Size doesnt really matter but i prefer it to be small. 200 dollars range is what im looking at. thanks guys

EDIT: Its going to be plugged directly into my motherboard, so i dont want a speaker that only sounds good with amp/dacs. It has to be good alone. 

EDIT2: Subwoofer is optional but it would be nice to have one. 

The Audioengine A2+ are pretty much a perfect match for what your asking for.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

The Audioengine A2+ are pretty much a perfect match for what your asking for.

Hows the bass on this? Do i need a subwoofer if i want to enjoy some occasional heavy bass music?

Hows the bass on this? Do i need a subwoofer if i want to enjoy some occasional heavy bass music?

They're only 2 inch drivers so the low end isn't really there but other than that the meet every other criteria.

They're only 2 inch drivers so the low end isn't really there but other than that the meet every other criteria.

What about the Diamond 220? I heard its the best all rounded speakers. I have no idea what speaker brands are good, ive heard about audioengine in the pass for their good reputation.

What about the Diamond 220? I heard its the best all rounded speakers. I have no idea what speaker brands are good, ive heard about audioengine in the pass for their good reputation.

As far as I can tell they're not powered so you'd have to spend another $200 or so to power them.

As far as I can tell they're not powered so you'd have to spend another $200 or so to power them.

So basically powered means its good to go out of the box. Unpowered means i have to purchase a seperate amp?

So basically powered means its good to go out of the box. Unpowered means i have to purchase a seperate amp?

Essentially, but really all you need is a $20 Lepai amp if you're using this at your computer.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

Essentially, but really all you need is a $20 Lepai amp if you're using this at your computer.

What can a $20 amp do? Does it make a significant difference?

What can a $20 amp do? Does it make a significant difference?

Pretty much any decent bookshelf you can find on the market can be powered decently by the Lepai T2020.  Subwoofer is a bit more complicated, but in my experience, if you get speakers with at least 5-inch woofers, you won't be in desperate need of a sub.

Speakers - KEF LSX

Pretty much any decent bookshelf you can find on the market can be powered decently by the Lepai T2020.  Subwoofer is a bit more complicated, but in my experience, if you get speakers with at least 5-inch woofers, you won't be in desperate need of a sub.

hmm im probably going to buy a pair of AE A5+ and a lepai amp. Ive heard that the Lepai 2020A+ is more popular, its only about 30 dollars more. Should i get that instead?

hmm im probably going to buy a pair of AE A5+ and a lepai amp. Ive heard that the Lepai 2020A+ is more popular, its only about 30 dollars more. Should i get that instead?

Um the A5+ is powered

Speakers - KEF LSX

Um the A5+ is powered

I thought u were talking about the a2+ or a5+, then i realize ur talking about the diamond 220 :/

So basically i buy the a5+ and just plug it in my computer and bam music?