Is More Bettter?

Go to solution Solved by Swndlr,

most people dont need a 900D with 4 radiators...

more is sometimes better, more is sometimes needed, and more is sometimes useless.

Okay, so i was planning on doing a build in a Fractal Design Define S because it had enough room, and it was made for water cooling.  But a question i always had is, is more radiator space better?  I saw a build in a 900D case and it a 4 radiators.  So what is the difference?

The Canadian Version Of Everything

-Made In Canada

most people dont need a 900D with 4 radiators...

more is sometimes better, more is sometimes needed, and more is sometimes useless.

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Okay, so i was planning on doing a build in a Fractal Design Define S because it had enough room, and it was made for water cooling.  But a question i always had is, is more radiator space better?  I saw a build in a 900D case and it a 4 radiators.  So what is the difference?

more radiators usually means more heat dissipation but more noise.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

900D if super expensive heavy and big and kind of absurd, unless you have a condition that makes you lactate dollar bills every 42 seconds.

More rads = more cooling... needed.. no.. better.. yes.

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Use the combined TDP of the devices to are trying to cool to determine how big/how many radiators you need, then get a case based on that. Anything under that TDP and your rads will not be able to keep up. Anything over that TDP is just overkill*cough*.. I mean 'overhead'.  :)  And remember that pumps will also introduce a small amount of heat into the loop as well...