NEw ram problem

XCruzzerX89

So I had 8gbs of ram and decide to upgrade to more, I installed 8 of the same ram and all I get is a restart loop with I boot why? Please help

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

Try taking the sticks out and putting them in one by one. It could be one not in all the way or a bad stick

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Try taking the sticks out and putting them in one by one. It could be one not in all the way or a bad stick

Ok it worked and I'm booted, but I only have 12 GBs now I should have 16GBs

PC is alive again! :System: CPU:Intel i5 4960k/ Motherboard:ASUS Gryphon Z97/ RAM: Kingston 16GB/ GPU: ASUS R9 Fury X/ Storage: 120gb Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate SSHD/ PSU: Cooler Master 700w/ Displays: 1 Acer B276HK ymjdprz 27-inch 4K Ultra HD/1 ASUS 21.5 LCD LED 21.5 monitor

Ok it worked and I'm booted, but I only have 12 GBs now I should have 16GBs

Try it again? Maybe windows did not recognize a stick? 

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

Does the laptop support it? what OS are you running. 

Does the laptop support it? what OS are you running. 

In have a desktop and Windows 8.1

Ok now it says it's running 12 GBS in Dual channel which is false

Try it again? Maybe windows did not recognize a stick? 

Now every time I put in the new sticks I get a restart loop :(

Put every stick in one by one, once more, like Geeker said.

Start with one, boot, go on with the next, boot, the next, boot, the next, boot. When it doesn't boot after one stick, try replacing said stick with another and see if it boots. (Stick 1, 2, 3, 4; put 1 in, boot, 2 in boot, 3 in and boot but it doesn't work, then replace it with 4, see if it boots. Just an example)

You can do that or you can put one in, boot, and remove it. Then try the next stick, boot, remove it, etc. with all the sticks. If just one doesn't boot and it's over and over, it's probably a bad stick.

(Put stick 1 in, it works, take it out. Put 2 in, it works, take it out. Put 3 in, it doesn't work. Take it out, put 4 in, and if it boots, stick 3 is probably dead.)

Put every stick in one by one, once more, like Geeker said.

Start with one, boot, go on with the next, boot, the next, boot, the next, boot. When it doesn't boot after one stick, try replacing said stick with another and see if it boots. (Stick 1, 2, 3, 4; put 1 in, boot, 2 in boot, 3 in and boot but it doesn't work, then replace it with 4, see if it boots. Just an example)

You can do that or you can put one in, boot, and remove it. Then try the next stick, boot, remove it, etc. with all the sticks. If just one doesn't boot and it's over and over, it's probably a bad stick.

(Put stick 1 in, it works, take it out. Put 2 in, it works, take it out. Put 3 in, it doesn't work. Take it out, put 4 in, and if it boots, stick 3 is probably dead.)

Ok I'll try try when I get home, something came up I'll be home in a few hours