Witcher 3 Quest(ion)

Swegly

I have a question about the quest - Devil by the well. The one where you must kill the noonwraith. The first step says that I must read the beastiary to gain information about the noonwraith. When I go into the beastiary I read the entry and nothing happens. I am pretty much stuck on the first step unless I am doing something wrong?

Also one extra concern. Why does this game ramp up my fans so loud, I can play GTAV and BF4 dead silent?

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

In this guide to that specific quest, this guy has to dive into a well to get a bracelet among other things before reaching the step that I am at. I have never had to do any of those things... 

CPU: i7 8700 GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX 1080 Mobo: Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 5 Ram: 16GB EVGA SuperSC SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB 
HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: TX650M Case: NZXT S340 Elite OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Logitech G403 Mouse Mat: HyperX Fury S Pro XL 
Keyboard: CM Masterkeys Pro S (reds) Headphones: Sennheiser HD598 Monitor: Asus 24' MG248QR Devices: IPhone 11 Pro Max + 13' Macbook Pro

Your sound question - TW3 is the current gen graphics card killer - GTA V is demanding but it has nothing on The Wild Hunt so expect some cards to sound tortured.

I stumbled upon the quest and went to the well/mini village marked on the map. Use your RMB Witcher sense and explore all the clues around the small area. I actually dived into the well off the bat and found the bracelet before any of this so the order isn't completely strict.

You can then use the bracelet to summon the Noonwraith by the well and kill it (you will likely have to use your Witcher senses one last time after obtaining the bracelet to get the relevant cutscene).

Your sound question - TW3 is the current gen graphics card killer - GTA V is demanding but it has nothing on The Wild Hunt so expect some cards to sound tortured.

I stumbled upon the quest and went to the well/mini village marked on the map. Use your RMB Witcher sense and explore all the clues around the small area. I actually dived into the well off the bat and found the bracelet before any of this so the order isn't completely strict.

You can then use the bracelet to summon the Noonwraith by the well and kill it (you will likely have to use your Witcher senses one last time after obtaining the bracelet to get the relevant cutscene).

Where do I go to get the bracelet because there is nothing guiding me there in the quest or on the map.

Where do I go to get the bracelet because there is nothing guiding me there in the quest or on the map.

Go down the well and look around, it will be down there.

i recall it's underwater, when you first fall into the well. 

Jump into the well and use your Witcher senses, look down into the water. You will need to follow the underground round river to get out, and it's a short distance along that path, from where you landed.

I have a question about the quest - Devil by the well. The one where you must kill the noonwraith. The first step says that I must read the beastiary to gain information about the noonwraith. When I go into the beastiary I read the entry and nothing happens. I am pretty much stuck on the first step unless I am doing something wrong?

Also one extra concern. Why does this game ramp up my fans so loud, I can play GTAV and BF4 dead silent?

It also hapen to me. It's seems like some kind of bug.

I can't interact with the well

Have you examined the robe in the wooden support pillar with your witcher senses? Geralt sees the body hanging from the rope and then dives in to the well from what I remember. After that you have to find something in the well (bracelet) belonging to the victim. 

Go down the well and look around, it will be down there.

I cant even get to the well because its not marked on the map and have no clue where it is.

I cant even get to the well because its not marked on the map and have no clue where it is.

It's right in the middle of the area. You can't miss it.

It's right in the middle of the area. You can't miss it.

-.- .... in the middle of what area... it does not tell me to go anywhere or do anything except for read the bestiary, which doesn't work.

-.- .... in the middle of what area... it does not tell me to go anywhere or do anything except for read the bestiary, which doesn't work.

I had this trouble too. Make sure you click everything. Click the menu, click the bestiary,click the entry, click to exit. May have to do it a couple times.

i7 4770k/Maximus VII Hero/Titan X/ 500gb 850evox2 r0/1000 EVGA G2

I'm confused how you're stuck. From my memory, you get the quest, go to the man who then tells you they want water from the well but it's haunted. You go over to the area, it's kind of like a circle. Three houses, some wall, and a well right in the middle. You investigate the surrounding area, you then go down the well, get the bracelet. Investigate in the houses, you will get info about the bracelet. You go back to the well and summon the noon wraith and kill it. (At noon)

Did you click on and read the entry about "Devil by the Well" under the specters?

Did you click on and read the entry about "Devil by the Well" under the specters?

there isnt one called that.

there isnt one called that.

Have you seen the wraith yet? If not meditate near the well to noon (it's 12 am?)

Have you seen the wraith yet? If not meditate near the well to noon (it's 12 am?)

If you havent noticed, I can't FIND OR GET to the well.

whiteorchard_flat_sized_numbers_tiny1.pn

It's in the middle of the abandoned village south side of White orchard?

If you havent noticed, I can't FIND OR GET to the well.

I'm confused how you ended up at this part of the quest without having at least walked past the well yet. It's immediately in front of you as you enter the main gate (roughly north entrance) to the Abandoned Village, marked on the bottom center of the map posted above. Head in there, and use Witcher senses to look for clues around the well and in the abandoned structures. In particular, there is a journal to find. You may get quest updates once you do.

I don't believe reading the Bestiary is actually a "required" step. But even so, as I recall, the Devil by the Well shows up as a separate entry in the Bestiary (in addition to the Noonwraith entry), so somehow you've not yet triggered it to appear.

I'm confused how you ended up at this part of the quest without having at least walked past the well yet. It's immediately in front of you as you enter the main gate (roughly north entrance) to the Abandoned Village, marked on the bottom center of the map posted above. Head in there, and use Witcher senses to look for clues around the well and in the abandoned structures. In particular, there is a journal to find. You may get quest updates once you do.

I don't believe reading the Bestiary is actually a "required" step. But even so, as I recall, the Devil by the Well shows up as a separate entry in the Bestiary (in addition to the Noonwraith entry), so somehow you've not yet triggered it to appear.

Wondering this also. Devil by the Well should show up in the book once you see the ghost at noon by the well. That is how I remember it.