Logitech G500 left click issue

bjelisha

Hey guys,

So i have this mouse called Logitech G500 and i love it :)

I really do BUT i it is 7 months old and started to act up,

The left button is being a jerk, sometimes it double clicks when clicked once and other (more often) times it won't hold the click. I treated it with respect and didn't even play diablo3 on it :) (diablo 3 is the reason i had to buy the g500:))

So i did a little bit of reading and i found out that it is quite a common thing.
I know i can RMA it and i probably will that is not a problem,

I just wanna know has anyone had this issue seeing that the g500 is a pretty common mouse.

Thanks and have a good one;)

| AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.0GHz | Corsair A50 | MSI 990FXA GD80 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 | MSI GTX 660Ti PE 2GB | Corsair HX 750W |Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Seagate Baracuda 2x 1TB | Coolermaster 690 II Advanced  |

i've had this problem with a MX Revolution mouse...my guess is that it uses the same switches(chinese omron) as the g500.

Not much you can do ...just call up Logitech and they will send you a new one. Their service is excellent.

Hey guys,

So i have this mouse called Logitech G500 and i love it :)

I really do BUT i it is 7 months old and started to act up,

The left button is being a jerk, sometimes it double clicks when clicked once and other (more often) times it won't hold the click. I treated it with respect and didn't even play diablo3 on it :) (diablo 3 is the reason i had to buy the g500:))

So i did a little bit of reading and i found out that it is quite a common thing.
I know i can RMA it and i probably will that is not a problem,

I just wanna know has anyone had this issue seeing that the g500 is a pretty common mouse.

Thanks and have a good one;)

I've been through three G500s...  The right switches only last about a year for me.  Logitech will help you out with a prepaid postage tag and return time is pretty fast. 

thanks, will do that.

I don't get how they can crap out on a 60$ gaming mouse, I've had dirt cheap mice last a very long time :)

| AMD Phenom II 1100T @ 4.0GHz | Corsair A50 | MSI 990FXA GD80 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1333 | MSI GTX 660Ti PE 2GB | Corsair HX 750W |Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | Seagate Baracuda 2x 1TB | Coolermaster 690 II Advanced  |

Had mine for a couple of years, still works like new. My favorite and best mouse I've owned.

thanks, will do that.

I don't get how they can crap out on a 60$ gaming mouse, I've had dirt cheap mice last a very long time :)

Luck of the draw, it seems, whether you get a mouse with quality Japanese components or cheap Chinese components when it comes to Logitech. 

• 2 weeks later...

I had this issue with my G500. I went to the computer store where I bought the mouse and they found nothing wrong with it, said it was a driver issue. So I threw out my current Logitech drivers and installed some old ones and BOOM! It works, the double click issue only pops up when i'm clicking rapidly. I really want to buy the Razer Deathadder 2013 though...

I've been through three G500s...  The right switches only last about a year for me.  Logitech will help you out with a prepaid postage tag and return time is pretty fast. 

Pretty crazy since it hasn't even been out 6 months :P

Pretty crazy since it hasn't even been out 6 months :P

Ah, that could have been confusing...  I mean the regular G500, not the G500S.  When I said 3 G500s I meant the older version, not the new remodeled ones. 

Ah, that could have been confusing...  I mean the regular G500, not the G500S.  When I said 3 G500s I meant the older version, not the new remodeled ones. 

Oh yea i knew what you meant  haha