ASUS PB278Q vs Dell UltraSharp U2715H

I'm looking at a Dell monitor and an Asus monitor. I mainly play league of legends so 120/144 hz isn't really important to me. I'm building a computer right now and will go with either a 290, 290X, or a 980 TI (yes I know this is a big jump in price, but it will come at the cost of aesthetics so the price ends up being $100 more). If anyone has recommendations for/against one or the other, I'd love to hear it! With my discounts I'll be able to get the Dell for $450, so the price different isn't that high either.

Using Tapatalk

I'm looking at a Dell monitor and an Asus monitor. I mainly play league of legends so 120/144 hz isn't really important to me. I'm building a computer right now and will go with either a 290, 290X, or a 980 TI (yes I know this is a big jump in price, but it will come at the cost of aesthetics so the price ends up being $100 more). If anyone has recommendations for/against one or the other, I'd love to hear it! With my discounts I'll be able to get the Dell for $450, so the price different isn't that high either.

neither, get this http://www.amazon.com/Acer-B286HK-ymjdpprz-Widescreen-ErgoStand/dp/B00MN2OKKO/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1433439727&sr=1-2&keywords=acer+cb280hk

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Great find! Does HDMI 1.4 support 60 hz @ 4k though? And wouldn't stuff on 4k look really small on a 28 inch screen?

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check that out.

Using Tapatalk

Great find! Does HDMI 1.4 support 60 hz @ 4k though? And wouldn't stuff on 4k look really small on a 28 inch screen?

Thanks for the link! I'll definitely check that out.

no you need display port for 4k 60hz, which your GPU will have (down worry there will be a cable in the monitor box)

And it will look small, but if you set windows scaling to 150% everything is perfect. I have the g sync version of that monitor and its fantastic!

It really is an amazing monitor for gaming or every day computing.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

no you need display port for 4k 60hz, which your GPU will have (down worry there will be a cable in the monitor box)

And it will look small, but if you set windows scaling to 150% everything is perfect. I have the g sync version of that monitor and its fantastic!

It really is an amazing monitor for gaming or every day computing.

Awesome! I'll also be using my monitor purchase with 2 other laptops, one Windows with only HDMI 1.4 and a Macbook Pro Retina Late 2014, for which I can use a mini displayport --> displayport connection. Will those both be able to drive 4k for general productivity tasks? (no gaming on them, video watching will happen though. Nvidia GTX 765M and Intel Iris 5100 respectively on the laptops as GPU).

Using Tapatalk

Awesome! I'll also be using my monitor purchase with 2 other laptops, one Windows with only HDMI 1.4 and a Macbook Pro Retina Late 2014, for which I can use a mini displayport --> displayport connection. Will those both be able to drive 4k for general productivity tasks? (no gaming on them, video watching will happen though. Nvidia GTX 765M and Intel Iris 5100 respectively on the laptops as GPU).

yeah both will easily run 4k displays, obviously one will be limited to 30hz, but thunderbolt port will be fine for 60

yeah both will easily run 4k displays, obviously one will be limited to 30hz, but thunderbolt port will be fine for 60

is there a noticeable difference for 30 vs 60 hz for general productivity?

Using Tapatalk

Just because of service and quality I would say Dell. Even the expensive Asus monitors seem to get dead pixel and backlight bleeding.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

is there a noticeable difference for 30 vs 60 hz for general productivity?

some people will say yes and its a terrible experience.

but I dont notice it. in fact I'm one of the few where 30 and 60fps in games isn't noticeable.

I game at 4k on an under powered gpu so half the time I have half refresh v sync locking me to 30fps and I think it's perfectly acceptable

• 3 weeks later...

some people will say yes and its a terrible experience.

but I dont notice it. in fact I'm one of the few where 30 and 60fps in games isn't noticeable.

I game at 4k on an under powered gpu so half the time I have half refresh v sync locking me to 30fps and I think it's perfectly acceptable

Ahh gotcha. I definitely notice it while gaming, but considering my gaming desktop will have a DP connected and get that full 60, I think I can live with one of my laptops giving 30 fps :P

Using Tapatalk