Blacklight Build Window Laser Etching

Blackler

So it's common knowledge that the Enthoo Pro Windowed version's Window picks up scratches more than a blind midget covered in tuna, in a cat shelter.

For me this bothers me. A lot. But I don't have the money or the tools to go and cut out a nice big hole in the side panel and replace it with tempered glass.

What I DO have is a family member who works in a Secondary School / College with a fairly decent sized Product Design facility.

So today I went down and spoke to him about a potential idea on what to do while on a short budget to rid me of these horrible scratches or at least help me avert my gaze from it.

He recommended to a laser etching on the polystyrene window so that my LED's attract the light and make it look pretty and nice.

So here is the window and my pc in its current state:

Window: (Sorry for the reflection of my gains)

jApjtbX.jpg

The PC Without Window:

t2ujThd.jpg

gBvZkqr.jpg

And here are the Designs. One for the large window Panel and one for the smaller window to the bottom right.

KODpaOV.jpg

XGL5Ns1.jpg

The Reason the images are in Black and White and the sizes that they are is due to the device which will be used to etch onto the window recognises the black areas as areas needing to be etched and the sizes are the exact proportions of the 2 windows (27.7 cm W x 35.5 cm H Large Window / 11.3 cm W  x 13 cm H  for the small window, not including the Triangular area on top of the smaller box)

It's going to the School Tomorrow to hopefully be done on the day and I'll post results once they're finished.

Cheers,

Blackler

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

Now I just need better LED's to compliment the designs

YOg2Fr1.png

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40