Zorin OS installer doesn't recognize my windows 7 install

so i want to dual boot Windows 7 and Zorin OS 9, but for some reason when i boot from the usb installer, it doesn't detect that i have Windows 7 installed, and i really don't feel like going through reinstalling it after installing Zorin OS, is there a reason it isn't detecting it?

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

When you dual boot linux you have to install the grub to the MBR partition of windows and you'll get a text interface to choose what OS to boot, if you didn't do this proporly or uninstalled linux then all you have to do is this. If the grub didn't install then you have to format the linux partion and reinstall it.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

When you dual boot linux you have to install the grub to the MBR partition of windows and you'll get a text interface to choose what OS to boot, if you didn't do this proporly or uninstalled linux then all you have to do is this. If the grub didn't install then you have to format the linux partion and reinstall it.

all i did was boot off of the usb stick, and it didn't detect windows, yet my Ubuntu stick does...

CPU - Ryzen 7 2700 CPU Cooler - Cooler Master ML240R Motherboard - ASUS X470-PRO RAM - Team Group Vulcan 2400Mhz 16GB GPU - EVGA RTX 2070 Black SSD - Kingston A400 120GB, ADATA SU650 1TB HDD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB PSU - Seasonic Focus+ 650W Case - Fractal Design Define C Keyboard - Corsair K60 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech LS21 2.1 w/ sub Headphones - ATM 50X Racing Wheel - Logitech G27 Monitors -  ASUS VS228H-P x2

all i did was boot off of the usb stick, and it didn't detect windows, yet my Ubuntu stick does...

Ah ok, you might want to try this, aperrenty it's a know issue.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

That doesn't look like the problem, Adam. This isn't a GRUB issue, it's the installer itself not detecting Windows.

I've had the same problem trying to install Mint alongside Win7. It saw the Windows SSD and everything, but it just didn't recognize Windows as an OS.

In my case it turned out to be UEFI-related. When I selected my boot device to install win7 from my stick, I selected "UEFI USB-HDD" rather than "USB-HDD".

Re-installing Win7 with the regular USB-HDD option solved it for me. Once that was done, Mint saw Windows and nicely installed itself on the other SSD with GRUB and all.

That doesn't look like the problem, Adam. This isn't a GRUB issue, it's the installer itself not detecting Windows.

I've had the same problem trying to install Mint alongside Win7. It saw the Windows SSD and everything, but it just didn't recognize Windows as an OS.

In my case it turned out to be UEFI-related. When I selected my boot device to install win7 from my stick, I selected "UEFI USB-HDD" rather than "USB-HDD".

Re-installing Win7 with the regular USB-HDD option solved it for me. Once that was done, Mint saw Windows and nicely installed itself on the other SSD with GRUB and all.

i'm pretty sure when i installed windows 7 i selected regular usb, seeing as i installed it maybe 2 weeks ago, is there any way to actually check? i really don't feel like doing a complete reinstall :/