Sticky switch

Justhavocman

So , all of a sudden my K button sticks sometimes , and what i mean by that is that when i press it down i don't feel the actuation of the blue switch , it feels more like a brown or heavy red. I 've already tried blowing into the switch , is there anything else i can do before filing for an RMA?( Quickfire TK blue switches)

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

So , all of a sudden my K button sticks sometimes , and what i mean by that is that when i press it down i don't feel the actuation of the blue switch , it feels more like a brown or heavy red. I 've already tried blowing into the switch , is there anything else i can do before filing for an RMA?( Quickfire TK blue switches)

If it's dirty you can try using some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to try and clean out the switch, and of course unplug the keyboard before doing this.

If it's dirty you can try using some isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab to try and clean out the switch, and of course unplug the keyboard before doing this.

The keyboard is 1,5 month old . But i'll give this a try tomorrow.

CPU : i5-8600k , Motherboard: Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming , RAM: G.skill Ripjaws 16GB 3200mhz ,GPU : Gigabyte 1070 G1 ,Case: NZXT Noctis 450 ,Storage : Seagate 1TB HDD , Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Samsung 860 EVO 500GB , KINGSTON SHFS37A/240G HYPERX FURY 240GB  , PSU : Corsair RM 750X , Display(s) : LG Flatron W2243S , Dell U2715H , Cooling: Coolermaster Hyper 212x Evo, Keyboard: Coolermaster Rapid-i , Drevo Tyrfing Black , Coolermaster Masterkeys Pro S, Mouse : Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum , Windows 10 

The keyboard is 1,5 month old . But i'll give this a try tomorrow.

Yeah it's pretty new but if it's not just dirt or gunk on the side of the switch then I'd contact them and see what they can do.

Yeah it's pretty new but if it's not just dirt or gunk on the side of the switch then I'd contact them and see what they can do.

aaand the switch is now permanently stuck to that red-like feel..

aaand the switch is now permanently stuck to that red-like feel..

Sounds like it was a faulty switch to being with or that spring that give it that click is broken, call up or contact Cooler Master and see if you can get it replaced.