Heat problem(Not overheating)

Hi, I have some questions for you all. Summer is on its way even and I am looking for a way to keep my PC's heat down. It's great in winter, don't need to heat the whole upper floor if my custom PC is turned on. But in the summertime it gets a tad too hot. 

Build:

• PSU: Corsair CX 750W PSU
    ATX 12V V2.3, 80 Plus Bronze, Standard. 2x 6+2pin

• GPU: XFX Raedon R9 280 3GB GDDR5x
    PCI-Express 3.0, "DD-Edition" Ghost 2.0.

• CPU: AMD FX-8320 Black Edition
    Socket-AM3+, 3.5GHz, 8MB L2 + 8MB L3 Cache, 125W

• CPU cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V CPU Cooler
    775/1150/1155/1156/1366/2011, AM2(+)/AM3(+)/FM1

• Motherboard: MSI 970-G43, Socet-AM3+
    ATX, 970X+SB950, DDR3, 2xG2-PCIe-x16, SATA 6Gb/s,

• Chassis: Cooler Master Haf 912 Plus: 
    http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mid-tower/haf-912-plus/

Have not overclocked any parts, and must say i'm not happy with the performance of my GPU, but as I payed 64$ its pretty good bang for buck. I am a AMD/ATI fanboy, because of Price VS Performance. But seems like heat is a bigger problem with ATI than nVidia, but unsure about AMD VS Intel. 

Now just for the hell of it, we can say there is no price limit, and parts can be changed. I have been running Hardware monitor and speed fan to get some idea of where the heat is coming from. To no suprice the 280x card is between 60-80 degrees C, when in game (Witcher 3). 

PS: There will be some spelling errors most likely as English is not my main lingo. 

From 2001-2014 I had 156Kb/s Down and 0,02 Kb/s up. Now I have 35/35 Mb/s, it has truly changed my life. 

Terve!

Well, AMD is always more powerhungry.

No matter what of the NVidia camp you throw at it, you'll have a hard time consume more power with it.

On the CPU side its a little easier. AMD consumes more power than an intel consumer i5 or i7 (4770k or 4790k for example).

If you want to have more TDP with intel vs. AMD you have to go extreme edition (5960X, 5930k or 5820, it stomps AMD in the ground though).

My recommandation is to give your stuff hell (overclock it) AMD does quite well on OC.

Other than that it's ok.

P.S. Because some people worry: no your PSU will not explode if you overclock.

I've ran a 7970 / 7950 CFX with an intel core i7 off a 650W PSU.

Oh, nice to hear that there are still AMD "fanboys" out there.

Have fun with your system.

Sayonara!

#Shadow-R

Yeah, my CPU can be overclocked like hell, so I dont think I need to change that in 2-3 years atleast. Problem is more that I would love the heat that is produces to go down, might have go get a better cooler for it. as it is now I guess I can get it up to about 3.8 - 4Ghz, with out changing.  CPU avrage heat is 46 when in game, and at 65% fan speed. Thanks for answering my post.

Anyway still got the heat output problem, any ideas of what how I should tackle this? 

From 2001-2014 I had 156Kb/s Down and 0,02 Kb/s up. Now I have 35/35 Mb/s, it has truly changed my life. 

#Shadow-R

Yeah, my CPU can be overclocked like hell, so I dont think I need to change that in 2-3 years atleast. Problem is more that I would love the heat that is produces to go down, might have go get a better cooler for it. as it is now I guess I can get it up to about 3.8 - 4Ghz, with out changing.  CPU avrage heat is 46 when in game, and at 65% fan speed. Thanks for answering my post.

Anyway still got the heat output problem, any ideas of what how I should tackle this? 

Terve!

First off: Please quote posts you want to reply to. I just randomly got back here and the twitter (at least I think its from there) "#" does not work here.

You can try @Gunnis, but I recommend just sticking with the button.

Now, on to your heat problem. A better cooler does not give you any less heat for your room because you cannot "destroy" heat with a cooler.

It helps keeping your temps down though. If you want to keep your system "cool and quiet" you can diable all the fancy stuff in the BIOS (as if you would overclock), but then just leave the frequency of your pieces at stock and turn the voltage down. AMD is kinda generous with applied voltage.

Other than that you can only have a little APU based PC that does your work and is not able to play games. (which is stupid I guess)

I hope you understood what I tried to tell you (I'm kinda hard to understand sometimes, especially when my freekin' CoolingMachine still chokes).

Oh, and if you can only get 3.8 GHz, you have to live in a really hot part of norway (which I cannor really imagine).

Sayonara!

Terve!

First off: Please quote posts you want to reply to. I just randomly got back here and the twitter (at least I think its from there) "#" does not work here.

You can try @Gunnis, but I recommend just sticking with the button.

Now, on to your heat problem. A better cooler does not give you any less heat for your room because you cannot "destroy" heat with a cooler.

It helps keeping your temps down though. If you want to keep your system "cool and quiet" you can diable all the fancy stuff in the BIOS (as if you would overclock), but then just leave the frequency of your pieces at stock and turn the voltage down. AMD is kinda generous with applied voltage.

Other than that you can only have a little APU based PC that does your work and is not able to play games. (which is stupid I guess)

I hope you understood what I tried to tell you (I'm kinda hard to understand sometimes, especially when my freekin' CoolingMachine still chokes).

Oh, and if you can only get 3.8 GHz, you have to live in a really hot part of norway (which I cannor really imagine).

Sayonara!

Seeing as you seem to know your AMD stuff, I have a question not related to this topic. I am getting static in my mic, and all the cables (Mouse, Keyboard and headsett) tangle them self. I belive there might be a problem with my PSU or with the motherboards delivery of electricity. Any idea what might cause this?

Seeing as you seem to know your AMD stuff, I have a question not related to this topic. I am getting static in my mic, and all the cables (Mouse, Keyboard and headsett) tangle them self. I belive there might be a problem with my PSU or with the motherboards delivery of electricity. Any idea what might cause this?

Terve!

I don't have too much experiance with audio, so I can only tell what I would do: Crosstest.

Do you have the hardware to swap the mic?

You sould also try the rear audio port to see if there is a difference.

Also: What do you mean by "the cables tangle themselves?"

They won't just magicly get a knot over night, will they?

Sayonara!

Terve!

I don't have too much experiance with audio, so I can only tell what I would do: Crosstest.

Do you have the hardware to swap the mic?

You sould also try the rear audio port to see if there is a difference.

Also: What do you mean by "the cables tangle themselves?"

They won't just magicly get a knot over night, will they?

Sayonara!

They do magically tangle over use /  night. If it is connected to power, very irritating. And yes I have tried, headset is working great on any other machine. 

They do magically tangle over use /  night. If it is connected to power, very irritating. And yes I have tried, headset is working great on any other machine. 

Terve!

Hmm, can you try another headset on your PC?

also: Does it only occur with the front ports or do you have the static on the rear port as well?

Sayonara!

Terve!

Hmm, can you try another headset on your PC?

also: Does it only occur with the front ports or do you have the static on the rear port as well?

Sayonara!

I only have a 1 headsett atm, but it might be my soundcard, or the fact that it has to be connected via USB to power it aswell as the 7.1 connectors. 

Terve!
You say you have a soundcard. Have you tried to not use it?

Just pull it out and see what onboard does. I it's fine its most likely the soundcard.

Sidenote: Don't unplug it when the PC runs, I can tell from trying that it will not like it ;-).

Sayonara!