My First Gaming Rig

This is the first PC I have ever built. Named after one of my best friends, Tori.

Specs:

Intel Core i5 4570 Processor

Intel 335 Series 240GB SSD

ASUS Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard

Corsair H100i AIO CPU Liquid Cooler

Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz 8GB Kit

Corsair HX850 Power Supply

Corsair 650D Case

Galaxy GeForce GTX 760 Graphics Card

DVD-R/RW and CD-RW Drive from my brothers old Dell

Windows 8 OEM 64bit Full Version

I know shame on me for not getting an unlocked processor but this was my first build so I didn't want to take any chances with screwing up the CPU.

post-31238-0-61949100-1374350111_thumb.jpost-31238-0-73328100-1374350224_thumb.j

Is nice but weird at the same time...You got an Z87 motherboard but an locked processor.Oc doesn't mean death and beside a haswell will perform better that 4570.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

Just for future reference: you can't really screw up a CPU by overclocking it anymore. You can still overclock the CPU, just not as much as a K-series. So if you want to give overclocking a try, you can.

All in all, I have to say it is a nice looking build (way nicer than my first build), and welcome to the forum.  

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes

i have a locked cpu the best overclock is 525 mhz out of it so you have a nice build but the cpu is locked and for me that is really bad don't know about you

Manners Maketh Man

I hope Broadswell uses the same socket as Haswell. If they end up using the same socket then I'll upgrade the CPU to an unlocked Broadswell processor. When I was doing research on the parts i found the overclockers warranty to not in my budget. I wish I knew processors were virtually impossible to screw up these days. At least the system runs my games on max settings.

Any advice for future upgrades/builds is very much appreciated.

Welcome to the forum , your first build is a fine accomplishment that should be shown in the completed build section of theforum

I hope Broadswell uses the same socket as Haswell. If they end up using the same socket then I'll upgrade the CPU to an unlocked Broadswell processor. When I was doing research on the parts i found the overclockers warranty to not in my budget. I wish I knew processors were virtually impossible to screw up these days. At least the system runs my games on max settings.

Speaking about broadswell if I  expect of Intel it will not be on the same chipset

Welcome to the forum , your first build is a fine accomplishment that should be shown in the completed build section of theforum

Speaking about broadswell if I  expect of Intel it will not be on the same chipset

Yeah you're probably right about both things. At least if i was to buy a Broadswell CPU and motherboard. the CPU and motherboard i have now would be good to use if the Broadswell stuff ends up acting up, and thank for the advice and compliment.