PC build for friend! :) (need help)

Hey guys! I'm building a PC for a friend and he has a pretty strict budget, and I don't know much about the 'cheaper' GPU's and CPU's so I thought that I could ask you for help! :)

His budget is 930$ which is (8000 swedish krona) but he might go up to 1000 USD! So what parts would you recommend?

Info:

We're from Sweden
Currency is Swedish krona! :)

You don't need to include any keyboards/monitors etc etc and no Windows! :)
He wants and SSD as well :)
1080p gaming! :)
I would prefer if we can squeeze in a 970 there with 16 GB ram but it's seems hard with this budet ..

Thanks guys! :D

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Hey guys! I'm building a PC for a friend and he has a pretty strict budget, and I don't know much about the 'cheaper' GPU's and CPU's so I thought that I could ask you for help! :)

His budget is 930$ which is (8000 swedish krona) but he might go up to 1000 USD! So what parts would you recommend?

Info:

We're from Sweden

He's going to run at 1080p right?

Ran by coffee

He's going to run at 1080p right?

Yes :)

GPU: RTX 2080 Super                                                                             Keyboard: Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB

CPU: i7-9700K                                                                                       MouseLogitech G PRO Wireless
RAM: 16 GB Corsair Vengance PRO                                                         Headset: Corsair HS70 PRO Wireless

PSU: CX650F                                                                                         MousepadCorsair MM500 Extended 3XL
MOBO: Asus Prime Z390-A                                                                     ControllerDualSense 5

Case: Lian Li Lancool II                                                                          CameraCanon EOS M50

Monitor: Samsung Odyssey G5                                                                      CoolingCorsair H100i Platinum

The white Rabbit                                                                                           MicrophoneTrust GXT 252+

Info:

We're from Sweden

1080p gaming! :)

I would prefer if we can squeeze in a 970 there with 16 GB ram but it's seems hard with this budet ..

From which website will he buy his parts?

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Th

Thanks guys! I'll check out the local websites (it's usually a lot more expensive there than it is on pcpartpicker) and I'll see if I can find it within his budget! :)

I hope AMD's upcoming Zen is amazing.. I've been going away from AMD after my 9590 let me down big.

Amd are already so far behind intel. i mean they just bought out a cpu to thrash the i3 and apparently that's good. I think the zen will compete with the 4790k etc but to compete with the enthusiast platform they need no short of a miracle 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($229.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($27.98 @ OutletPC)
Motherboard: MSI Z97M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($99.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Kingston Fury Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($111.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.49 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC ACX 2.0 Video Card  ($309.30 @ Newegg)
Case: NZXT Source 210 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($34.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: SeaSonic 620W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.60 @ Newegg)
Total: $932.33
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-31 14:12 EDT-0400Wi

EDIT: With this build you'll have to remove some drive bays

Project Pluto
i3 4170 MSI H97 PC Mate MSI R9 380 2GD5T @ 1095MHz Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 2x4gb @ 1600MhzWD 1TB Blue • be quiet! Pure Rock • NZXT S340 Black XFX TS 550w • BenQ GW2265HM

Amd are already so far behind intel. i mean they just bought out a cpu to thrash the i3 and apparently that's good. I think the zen will compete with the 4790k etc but to compete with the enthusiast platform they need no short of a miracle 

I hope they just blow everyone away with a miracle because I've always liked AMD, but how many sh*t processors they have made in the last four or more years it's just stupid. I bought a Acer laptop that had an AMD A-4 in it. It had two cores and ran at 1GHz.. This was about two years ago.. I couldn't even run Windows 8 they had on it.. I don't get how that passed there quality check or whatever. (Sadly it was a waste of $400 because I didn't have a clue what I was buying besides it had a touch screen. Thanks to Linus, lots of books and other YouTubers, that will never happen again)

Ran by coffee

I hope they just blow everyone away with a miracle because I've always liked AMD, but how many sh*t processors they have made in the last four or more years it's just stupid. I bought a Acer laptop that had an AMD A-4 in it. It had two cores and ran at 1GHz.. This was about two years ago.. I couldn't even run Windows 8 they had on it.. I don't get how that passed there quality check or whatever. (Sadly it was a waste of $400 because I didn't have a clue what I was buying besides it had a touch screen. Thanks to Linus, lots of books and other YouTubers, that will never happen again)

i agree but with gpus they are around the same as nvidia but with CPUs they are so far behind and intel keep getting better and better at a astonishing rate. i think amd should keep making APUs for budget pcs and focus on making there gpus better 

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

Thanks for all the answers! Gonna look through all of them and find them at our local site!

The bad news is that there is NO WAY you can find a 970 here for less than 410 usd ..

i agree but with gpus they are around the same as nvidia but with CPUs they are so far behind and intel keep getting better and better at a astonishing rate. i think amd should keep making APUs for budget pcs and focus on making there gpus better 

I agree. There high end APUs are great and the GPUs are right up there just with some more heat. Gotta get some power regs going.

Ran by coffee

Not a very good case. Picked it just because it was the least expensive mATX case on the site.

post-44627-0-41063200-1433096695_thumb.j

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

Not a very good case. Picked it just because it was the least expensive mATX case on the site.

attachicon.gifBuild 2015-05-31 1.jpg

Nah sorry dude, then he might as well just grab this! :)

https://www.komplett.se/pc-i-delar-core-i5-4690k-gtx960/793073

Thanks for all the answers! Gonna look through all of them and find them at our local site!

The bad news is that there is NO WAY you can find a 970 here for less than 410 usd ..

If it's for 1080p gaming, the GTX 960 is an excellent card. Not sure how prepared it is for the future with its lackluster frame buffer, but it's otherwise an excellent card.

An R9 280X should also be a good choice for a similar price.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/