Can I increase the performance?

Ningeal

Hey,

I have a 128GB SSD and a 2TB HDD in my system. Can I boost my HDD's perfromance with the SSD or any other way?

I assume the SSD is boot drive and 2TB is storage? Make sure it is on a Sata3 connector. Other then that, only option is upgrading it to a faster mechanical drive. If the 2TB was boot and you had a mobo that supported it, you could use the Intel Smart Response Tech (i think it is) that allows you to use a small SSD as a cache drive for your mechanical drive...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Intel cache function would serve that purpose it would significantly increase the performance of the HHD

Intel cache function would serve that purpose it would significantly increase the performance of the HHD
Do I need a specific software or how do I can activate Intel's cache function?

Intel smart response would do the trick.

Ah, thanks. I think I am stuck though. I remember hearing that it is only doable with small SSDs up to 24 GBs.

It can work with bigger drives. I'm pretty sure it can work with your drive but I don't remember if it will take into account the whole drive for caching.