Will it fit?

Go to solution Solved by lani100,

Any problems I should be aware of? Or is it fine?

Should fit fine and from looking at your pcpartpicker list it should work.

Wouldn't try it with the standard psu.

Hope it works with the motherboard since HP's can be picky with GPU's.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/nswpLk

If you're wondering where the case is, it comes from an HP envy 700-215xt pre ordered PC, and also the motherboard and memory. And the graphics card is gigabyte g1 gtx 970. 

Is it a good build? But will it even fit?

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

Should fit fine.

CPU: Intel i7 4700 GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 Storage: 1TB Western Blue RAM: 8 GB GDDR3 Operating Software: Windows 10 Power Supply: XFX XTR 550W Case: Shitty HP Case From Old Pre Built PC
<p>

Those cases are pretty small and usually have a topmounted PSU, make sure the dimensions of the PSU and the GPU fit the case, and that there is a way to mount the PSU. The parts should work together fine.

^ This... My friend bought my 7770 and went to install it in his hp, it refused to read the card... :/ Now that card sits in a antistatic bag somewhere about in his house until he can get a better motherboard. :(

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

stop_posting_1.jpg

Get ready to mod (some uefi hacking may be needed), or change the case and motherboard.

^ This... My friend bought my 7770 and went to install it in his hp, it refused to read the card... :/ Now that card sits in a antistatic bag somewhere about in his house until he can get a better motherboard. :(

is it AMD or NVIDIA?

<p>

stop_posting_1.jpg

Get ready to mod (some uefi hacking may be needed), or change the case and motherboard.

Is there a way to get the motherboard to read my card without changing case or motherboard?

<p>

7770 is an AMD card. Doesn't really matter if the motherboard just refuses to accept the GPU.

What do I do if it refuses?

<p>

Is there a way to get the motherboard to read my card without changing case or motherboard?

Try a BIOS update if it still doesn't work get another motherboard.

that's why prebuilt computer suck GG HP.

What do I do if it refuses?

You find a hammer and smash it or sell it on ebay.

stop_posting_1.jpg

Wtf is uefi hacking?

<p>

You could hack HP and steal all their Uefi files and then mod them, or look for security breaches and mod their releases.

troll-web.jpg

More like "Don't feed the noob."

<p>