Anyone use camera straps?

Hey, Currently I'm think about buying a camera strap to pair up with my D7100 but you know, unsure which one to buy. Black Rapid has been popping up a lot but not sure which model to get. Anyone have experience with the Black Rapid straps and can vouch for them?  

Thanks!

You must "Quote" to get my attention​.

~IBIubbleTea - 20/07/2014 

I use my stock one and I wrap a towel around it and secure it with zipties

im also thinking of getting a padded seatbelt thingy actually 

Car-Seat-Belt-Padding-Shoulder-Cushion-C

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I use my stock one and I wrap a towel around it and secure it with zipties

im also thinking of getting a padded seatbelt thingy actually 

Car-Seat-Belt-Padding-Shoulder-Cushion-C

I'm using the stock one right now but with the weight of the D7100, kills my neck. Instead of having it around my neck, I wrap it around my arm and lel

I'm using the stock one right now but with the weight of the D7100, kills my neck. Instead of having it around my neck, I wrap it around my arm and lel

Nah a feel you, even my d40 was bad. I have a mole on my neck and camera straps cut into it BAD when im shooting all day. Im using a d7200 now and to be honest im amazed its the EXACT same strap as the d40s..you think on a body near 3 times the cost they would offer something a bit nicer.

If you wan a cheap solution though the towel one is great the camera feels weightless/like a cloud is on the back of your neck...a face towel I should say not a full sized one of course :P

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I use a RS7 from black rapid. Love the thing for carrying my FF + Tele. 

Here's the thing a lot of people with BR's tend not to talk about. I bump my camera in doorways, on tables, seats, basically everything more often with it on. It's really easy to forget you have it on your side and then bump into something. Having said that I haven't put any noticeable dents in my lenses or my body except for once where I scratched my UV filter. (Totally user error in this case) 

Having said that I'll never give it up, if holding your camera more than 30 minutes it's great. You're not really going to find many deals on BR stuff but the trick I found was go to a local photography trade show. They'll be discounted just enough to cover admission, so you get to look at cool gear and meet other photogs while you're at it. 

I use a RS7 from black rapid. Love the thing for carrying my FF + Tele. 

Here's the thing a lot of people with BR's tend not to talk about. I bump my camera in doorways, on tables, seats, basically everything more often with it on. It's really easy to forget you have it on your side and then bump into something. Having said that I haven't put any noticeable dents in my lenses or my body except for once where I scratched my UV filter. (Totally user error in this case) 

Having said that I'll never give it up, if holding your camera more than 30 minutes it's great. You're not really going to find many deals on BR stuff but the trick I found was go to a local photography trade show. They'll be discounted just enough to cover admission, so you get to look at cool gear and meet other photogs while you're at it. 

Holy cow. Didn't realize that it would cost ~$100 Canadian for this thing. Aiyah Next photo trade show is next year.. 

currently using a wii strap, works perfect when you hold the camera the whole time anyway, altough my fingers hurt after a whole day because of the grip being to short for me, altough thats a diffrent story.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I use a wrist strap stolen from my Nintendo Wii with my T5i (700D).

Nothing to see here - move along.

I use my stock strap on and off, but then again my camera is a much lighter mirror-less option that all your DSLRs so it isn't heavy

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Hey, Currently I'm think about buying a camera strap to pair up with my D7100 but you know, unsure which one to buy. Black Rapid has been popping up a lot but not sure which model to get. Anyone have experience with the Black Rapid straps and can vouch for them?  

Thanks!

Black rapid straps are amazing, I use the BR Metro for my A7 and my friend uses the BR Sport for his d800

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Black rapid straps are amazing, I use the BR Metro for my A7 and my friend uses the BR Sport for his d800

I have a question, have you or your friend had the screw part come lose? 

I use my BR on a Nikon D600 + grip + 80-200 2.8 and have never felt the screw come lose or slacked to the point i'm worried about it. (Attached to len's tripod collar not body)  

Never, the part that attaches to the strap rotates, and I have carried my camera with large heavy equiptment on for whole days at a time with no issue

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

• 3 weeks later...

currently using a wii strap, works perfect when you hold the camera the whole time anyway, altough my fingers hurt after a whole day because of the grip being to short for me, altough thats a diffrent story.

I use a wrist strap stolen from my Nintendo Wii with my T5i (700D).

Has anyone been wondering why you use Wiimote's wrist straps? Just curious. Kinda unique choice, but... whatever works, right?

I have never bothered with separate camera straps. The one included with my Canon 1000D was adequate for my needs, though the leather side (goes against skin) got sweaty quite quick in sunlight. My current Sony RX100 did come with a wrist strap, but I never use it, though I guess I should. Never dropped it, but who knows when it's gonna slip...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Has anyone been wondering why you use Wiimote's wrist straps? Just curious. Kinda unique choice, but... whatever works, right?

well personally i don't really like neck straps, they get in the way or are uncomfy, since i hold my camera 90% of the time it's much easier way and also pretty secure those straps are stronger then you think, it just gives me a easier way of moving around with it, no need to ensure i can reach it with my strap, armlength is the max distance for me without risking it falls.

the funny thing is, i saw this once on /p/(photography board of 4chan) where somebody said it as a joke for a easy replacement strap, few people said they used that for real and it actually got my attention that way and well, still using it without regret.

I use it because I hate the original Canon strap and it was free. The original is only long enough to hang the camera around my neck which is uncomfortable to me, I like to have my camera in my hand and the Wii remote strap just gives me that scene of security without being bulky or awkward. I would love to have a long strap but funds are not there right now.

Nothing to see here - move along.

Those that use straps that came with the camera -> mostly newbies 

Those that buy a good neoprene style aftermarket strap -> amateur enthusiast that know's what they are doing

Those that don't use a strap because they think it looks cooler -> should prob just still with Insta

Those that don't use a strap because they have hired assistants to hold it when not shooting -> boss

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless

Those that use straps that came with the camera -> mostly newbies 

Those that buy a good neoprene style aftermarket strap -> amateur enthusiast that know's what they are doing

Those that don't use a strap because they think it looks cooler -> should prob just still with Insta

Those that don't use a strap because they have hired assistants to hold it when not shooting -> boss

Wh-What about people that eehmm... salvaged wii-straps? like I and stu did?(to lazy to tag him)

Love my OP/Tech neoprene strap. I would never use any stock strap. They cause way too much pain than it's worth. 

Zeus: Dual Xeon E5-2695v3 | 128GB DDR4 ECC | Asus Z10PE-D16 WS | 2-way SLI EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 | Corsair AX1200i | Fractal Design Define XL R2 | Das KB & Razor Chroma mouse

Yoda: HP DL380p Gen8 | Dual Xeon E5-2697v2 | 256GB DDR3 ECC | Dual Nvidia Tesla K40c | Dual 1200w PSU | 3X 146GB 15K SAS 2.5" HDD | CentOS 7 | Headless