Cooler to big for my case?

itzi3andit1

Hello today i bought a noctua NH-D14 cooler and put it on my processor (AMD fx8350) when i was all done the cooler works just fine but is saw that the cooler popped out of the case with

1cm. So now i cant put on the side panel. So i came to think to cut the plastic spacers inbetween the motherboard and the cooler. Would that be wise to do? or do you guys have any alternative thank yuo very much for reading.

Really you only have to options mod the cooler or mod the case.

Modding the case would be the best option.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

i would RMA the cooler or case. Or you can just use it with the side panel off

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Hello today i bought a noctua NH-D14 cooler and put it on my processor (AMD fx8350) when i was all done the cooler works just fine but is saw that the cooler popped out of the case with

1cm. So now i cant put on the side panel. So i came to think to cut the plastic spacers inbetween the motherboard and the cooler. Would that be wise to do? or do you guys have any alternative thank yuo very much for reading.

You could probably cut a hole the size of the cooler in the side of the case so that it sticks out a tiny bit. It is a Getto solution but atleast you can put your side panel on!

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

You could probably cut a hole the size of the cooler in the side of the case so that it sticks out a tiny bit. It is a Getto solution but atleast you can put your side panel on!

he would need to cut bigger since most sidepanels slide on :S

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

Lol didn't think about that, But it's better than not putting on the side panel at all.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

you could get a bigger case or send the cooler back and get one that will fit in your case. 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016

What case do you have?

PC SPECS: CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @4.4GHz - Mobo: Asrock Extreme 4 (Z77) - GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 680 Twin Frozr 2GB - RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2x4GB (8GB) 1600MHz CL8 + 1x8GB - Storage: SSD: Sandisk Extreme II 120GB. HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - PSU: be quiet! Pure Power L8 630W semi modular  - Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D  - OS: Windows 7

the only thing thaths get out of the case are those little spikie tops on the cooler can i cut them off without having trouble of performance?

the only thing thaths get out of the case are those little spikie tops on the cooler can i cut them off without having trouble of performance?

Those are the ends of the heatpipes so you definitely can NOT cut them off. Its a pain but you need to either find another cooler that fits, get a different case or mod the sidepanel. I suggest exchanging the cooler.

What case do you have?

Those are the ends of the heatpipes so you definitely can NOT cut them off. Its a pain but you need to either find another cooler that fits, get a different case or mod the sidepanel. I suggest exchanging the cooler.

What case do you have?

What case do you have?

you could get a bigger case or send the cooler back and get one that will fit in your case. 

Lol didn't think about that, But it's better than not putting on the side panel at all.

i would RMA the cooler or case. Or you can just use it with the side panel off

Really you only have to options mod the cooler or mod the case.

Modding the case would be the best option.

All thank you very much for helping me out, i solved the problem by putting aluminium strips on the side pannel of 1cm so that the cooler can fit. it costed about 5 bucks and it works perfectly good. I used removable tape so that it will stay in place here is a picture:

http://gyazo.com/4387f4505f7210e45c40007fecc20bb6

just wanted to let you guys now how i did it so maybe someone else with my problem can do the same.

All thank you very much for helping me out, i solved the problem by putting aluminium strips on the side pannel of 1cm so that the cooler can fit. it costed about 5 bucks and it works perfectly good. I used removable tape so that it will stay in place here is a picture:

http://gyazo.com/4387f4505f7210e45c40007fecc20bb6

just wanted to let you guys now how i did it so maybe someone else with my problem can do the same.

I actually did something surprisingly similar with my case, except with plastic U-profiles rather than aluminium ones. I really appreciate your work, but I will tell you one thing: you're bound to get vibration problems in that side panel sooner or later, unless you only run SSDs or you have flexible HDD mounts. Whether you are actually bothered by that will depend on yourself, but because the side panel won't fit as snugly in its mountings as it did out of the factory, the HDD vibrations will start to make a fairly annoying vibrating noise...

Main Rig "Melanie" (click!) -- AMD Ryzen7 1800X • Gigabyte Aorus X370-Gaming 5 • 3x G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 8GB • Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming • Corsair RM750x • Phanteks Enthoo Pro --

HTPC "Keira" -- AMD Sempron 2650 • MSI AM1I • 2x Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866 8GB • ASUS ENGTX 560Ti • Corsair SF450 • Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV Shift --

Laptop "Abbey" -- AMD E-350 • HP 646982-001 • 1x Samsung DDR3 1333 4GB • AMD Radeon HD 6310 • HP MU06 Notebook Battery • HP 635 case --