EVGA Torq X10 Carbon Mouse Review

MastuhWaffles

Today I got my mouse in the mail, and have had some time to play with it. This may not be the best review but I figured I'd give it a go.

TORQ_X10_Carbon_image.jpg

Anyways here's the link to their website where you can get all the statistics. - http://www.evga.com/mice/torq/

I'm not really going to cover the packaging because I find it openable and not a pain in the butt.

Looks:

Damn this mouse looks sexy. With its carbon fiber body and its somewhat puzzle design it makes it look sleek and very advanced.

The LED's make it look awesome too. It doesn't have overkill LED's everywhere, just in the right places. Their software allows you to change from a small selection of colors, but the middle LED's indicating what setting of DPI you are on will not change colors. I find this annoying as it's bound to red, but it's minor.

Design:

The biggest problem with this mouse is the way you go about changing weights. You have to remove the top plastic cover in order to get inside to the weight tray. And if you are not careful you can break the top cover easy. Inside you will find a small rubber tray you can remove and place the included weights inside. As they consist of (x2) 2g (x2) 4g (x2) 6g, personally I like a very heavy mouse so I used the (x2) 6g. It also comes with different sets of pads for the bottom. They are essentially one time use as they are placed on by 3M sticky stuff. I would have preferred a snap in system or something.

The big showpiece is that you can increase the height of the mouse with the included tool. I find this very handy as I like mice with an arch on the to support my hand.

The 4 side buttons are actually pretty sturdy, I read that on the non carbon version they suck. But they seem to hold up just fine on the carbon version.

I enjoy the scroll wheel as it feels very sturdy and gives good feedback. And the two buttons (up or down) for the DPI adjustment are very handy and with EVGA's software you can change the preset of each one.

Gameplay:

This mouse is very smooth, I have felt complete control in my games, and with the DPI adjustment I can quickly swap when I need too. It's very enjoyable to play with And is actually pretty comfortable, I didn't expect that as I thought with the falloff in the center would be annoying, but that bottom piece sits in the palm of your hand just right.

Overall:

You know for their first mouse I have to say it's been really well put together. And for the $70 dollars I got it for I felt like that wasn't a bad deal for it. I really do hope that they change the top cover design and make it easier to take off if you wish to change weights. It a definite eye catcher as it stands out from the crowd. I think if your looking for a mouse this is a pretty good contender, so if you have the chance, give it a try.

Does the scroll wheel have the left and right toggle as well?

Does the scroll wheel have the left and right toggle as well?

What do you mean by that?

What do you mean by that?

Can you click the scroll wheel to the left and right, essentially having extra buttons?

Can you click the scroll wheel to the left and right, essentially having extra buttons?

No it does not move left of right. 

A quick note on the software. One thing I noticed was that starting out the lights were very bright on the mouse, and after fiddling with settings and customizing DPI and playing around with colors I noticed it wasn't as bright as before. Even at 100% brightness on the software I could not get it back up to the previous brightness. I also confirmed this by switching to an untouched profile and seeing that the color was much brighter.