H55 help

Hey guys,

Recently bought a h55 cheap for a second build and im using an as us m5a78l mobo. Only problem is the mobo only has a pwr fan input and chassis fan input. Therefor I can plug the pump into the pwr fan input but the fan on the rad can only go on the chassis fan input. Doing so has resulted in 90 degrees temps for my 8350. Should I use a Y splitter and connect both the pump and the rad fan to pwr fan input on the mobo. As leaving it how it is has resulted in thermal throttling playing intensive games. Thank guys in advance.

Motherboard - ASUS GENE VII   CPU - i5-4690k   Ram - 2X4GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3-2133MHz   GPU - ASUS GTX 970 STRIX 4GB   PSU - Corsair CX750   SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

Case - Bitfenix Prodigy M (White)   OS - Windows 8.1 (64x)

Hey guys,

Recently bought a h55 cheap for a second build and im using an as us m5a78l mobo. Only problem is the mobo only has a pwr fan input and chassis fan input. Therefor I can plug the pump into the pwr fan input but the fan on the rad can only go on the chassis fan input. Doing so has resulted in 90 degrees temps for my 8350. Should I use a Y splitter and connect both the pump and the rad fan to pwr fan input on the mobo. As leaving it how it is has resulted in thermal throttling playing intensive games. Thank guys in advance.

I would say you have 2 options:

1- plug the fan into the CPUFAN header and get an fan to molex adapter for the pump to put it directly on the PSU.

2- plug the pump into the CPUFAN header with a y splitter to the fan.

I would probably go with option 1.