My brother has a 2014 Toyota Highlander with the optional rear seat entertainment and for some reason I cannot get it to play videos off an SD card. The videos are in mp4 format so don't ask me to convert. The entertainment system does load photos in jpeg format however. I cannot seem to find any documents as to how to operate the infotainment system. I have one of two solutions:

1. Figure out what format the thing accepts videos in.

2. I have a 2.5 inch 500gb hard drive laying around fully functional, is there any kind of hard drive enclosure that I can use as a stand alone media device? The vehicle has component in ports and a full size power outlet that can provide somewhere between 100w and 140w.

Personally, the latter seems like the more realistic solution

My brother has a 2014 Toyota Highlander with the optional rear seat entertainment and for some reason I cannot get it to play videos off an SD card. The videos are in mp4 format so don't ask me to convert. The entertainment system does load photos in jpeg format however. I cannot seem to find any documents as to how to operate the infotainment system. I have one of two solutions:

1. Figure out what format the thing accepts videos in.

2. I have a 2.5 inch 500gb hard drive laying around fully functional, is there any kind of hard drive enclosure that I can use as a stand alone media device? The vehicle has component in ports and a full size power outlet that can provide somewhere between 100w and 140w.

Personally, the latter seems like the more realistic solution

Figuring out what format the videos need to be may help....

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

Figuring out what format the videos need to be may help....

that's the problem, I can't find any documentation what so ever

I'm curious, does that car have the inputs and power needed to run a tiny PC? Be great for road trips...

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!