Choosing a PSU

1Scotty1

Hey all,

I would like to know your opinion/advice for a PSU for my rig. I tried a few online calculators, but none are fairly accurate, so... I have an Eurocase 550W and want to upgrade, even if by a little ammount. There may be a litle OC-ing in the future.

My rig:

MSI Z77A-G43 + Intel i5 3350P @ 3,1Ghz

4x DDR3 Corsair RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX650Ti

6 case fans

1 SSD

2 HDDs

1 optical drive

Thanks ;)

Edit: my budget is 70€ tops...

Do you have a website we can order from, or your preferred website to order from? The only reason i see to upgrade would be because that PSU isn't great, so an increase in wattage isn't really necessary, just a change of the actual unit.

Do you have a website we can order from, or your preferred website to order from? The only reason i see to upgrade would be because that PSU isn't great, so an increase in wattage isn't really necessary, just a change of the actual unit.
yup, I want to change it... furthermore I got it checked and 2 wires in my 24pin connector arent working, so thats the main reason... my favourite website I regularly order from is our czech/slovak e-shop "Alza.cz/sk" - they sell most of recent hardware, so you can recommend any, I will find it there 99% of the time :)

I'm not sure if this is available on that website as i can't seem to get onto it ( keeps timing out), anyway, This one would be a good option, and comes under your 70Euro budget. If you can't find it on Alza, have a look on there for one you like the look of, then post it here and then we can get other opinions of it :)

I'm not sure if this is available on that website as i can't seem to get onto it ( keeps timing out), anyway, This one would be a good option, and comes under your 70Euro budget. If you can't find it on Alza, have a look on there for one you like the look of, then post it here and then we can get other opinions of it :)
Well the Antec is not directly there, but is sold in other websites in our country... but I was looking at a Corsair VS650... maybe a little overkill, but costs 51€ - but I cant find any reviews or anything on it, if it is a decent one or not

I don't know alot about that unit, however it seems to be a pretty standard unit, it's not the best, but not completely awful, and it's alot better than what you currently have. Do you have any PSUs from Silverstone or Seasonic in your price range?

I don't know alot about that unit, however it seems to be a pretty standard unit, it's not the best, but not completely awful, and it's alot better than what you currently have. Do you have any PSUs from Silverstone or Seasonic in your price range?
Found this one, just below my budget - Seasonic S12II-520 80Plus Bronze 520W

That would be a great buy, i would suggest that one over the Corsair. :)

That would be a great buy, i would suggest that one over the Corsair. :)
Thanks, for quick replies :) Ordering it as soon as I come home from work.