Witcher 3 on 4K anyone?

anthonyc813

Is anyone playing Witcher 3 on 4K monitor? How does it look and play? I understand you have to sacrifice some settings from "ultra to high" but is that even a factor? is combat smooth with g sync or slow?

what GPu(s) are you running if so?

been googling this all morning. cant fina  yes or no answer to the acer 4K g sync monitor with 970 Slis...

been googling this all morning. cant fina  yes or no answer to the acer 4K g sync monitor with 970 Slis...

Yes. It may have been worth it even with a single 970.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

It runs actually really nice. There doesn't seem to be as big of a performance hit as other games at 4k. On ultra, my 970 gets around 50-60 fps at 1080p but at 4k it gets about 20-30. To me, the latency of my controller and the distance from my monitor makes that 30 fps fine but I dropped a few settings and got it to around 50 fps with a single 970. That being said, you could max it out with 2 970s. 

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Thank you. 4 hours of YouTube videos on benchmarks and dozens of artiicles

no problem ^^ I don't own tw3 but I play at 4k on a single r9 290 and in general it handles everything just fine, lowering settings is well worth it for the higher resolution. 2 970s shouldn't have any problems with high to ultra depending on the game.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

no problem ^^ I don't own tw3 but I play at 4k on a single r9 290 and in general it handles everything just fine, lowering settings is well worth it for the higher resolution. 2 970s shouldn't have any problems with high to ultra depending on the game.

right now Witcher and World of Warcraft. Maybe GTA 5 and Dragon Age Origins. THey guy in the IT Dept lol'd at me when I asked just now but fuck him. 600.00 for the Acer 4K isn't too shabby of a price

Is anyone playing Witcher 3 on 4K monitor? How does it look and play? I understand you have to sacrifice some settings from "ultra to high" but is that even a factor? is combat smooth with g sync or slow?

what GPu(s) are you running if so?

Running the game with Slight OC'ed SLI 980s on the Acer 4k G-sync monitor ,Settings are Ultra+ Hairworks on , getting around 40ish FPS. Can't speak for anything else.

At 40ish FPS I find the combat to be pretty smooth. *Personal Opinion*