Wireless Card Problems

babadoctor

hey guys,

I have a toshiba satellite with a realtek RTL8188CE wireless adapter that cant pick up a certain network that i want to connect to. I have no idea why it wont see it as if i look on my macbook pro it shows the network. Any ideas?

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

what is your ap? is it using 2.4mhz band? or 5mhz

2.4 and 5

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

AP? my wireless router has 2.4 and 5 ghz

MY CARD HAS 2.4 AND 5 TOO

so you still didnt tell what is your access points model... so your realtek card is set to automatically find the wlan type IEEE 802.11b/g/n compatible WLAN? what type off connection is set in Access point?

so you still didnt tell what is your access points model... so your realtek card is set to automatically find the wlan type IEEE 802.11b/g/n compatible WLAN? what type off connection is set in Access point?

This is because i dont know and probably will never know. I am trying to fix a teachers laptop and the school wont let me near the router to see the model or anything. All i know is that it has 5G and 2.4G connections on both and many many access points for the same network.

in toshiba forums there has connection problems specially when using laptop on battery.

1.  Go to the Realtek website and get the correct download by model number (RTL8188CE),

2.  Set a System Restore point in case things screw up and you need to go back,

3.  Uninstall the driver completely, deleting it by checking the delete option,

4.  Go into your downloads, open the 88ce_92ce. . . zip folder by double clicking it,

5.  Open up the next folder,

6.  Go down to Setup (Application) and click appropriately to run it,

7.  The wizard will run and install the driver,

8.  And when it is done you should be able to connect by wifi to the internet by selecting the appropriate network.

If things are not working after this you may have to replace the router with a b/g/n Wifi certified router that is Windows 7 compatible.

Hopefully this helps.  Good luck!

This has been helping to get the singal... also some say that using the wlan software helps to find right settings...

My toshiba has windows 8