GTX 970 Reference-Bestbuy Any Good?

GrantSor+1

I'm going to get a GTX 970 as a graduation gift from my aunt.
I want to get the Reference One ( The BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE for $379.99 & its on NEWEGG for $353.99 - IDK why its priced like that).I want to get atleast 1500Mhz on the Core with it. Im OK with 60-80% fanspeed, Im kinda deaf anyway lol

Does this GTX 970 has a BIOS lock for overvoltage? because I recently watched paulshardware video and he's using EVGA Precision X. On my Current 960 I was able to set it to 108% Power Draw / 1534Mhz Core / +30Mhz mem with max temps of 66c These Overclocks were on MSI Afterburner, It doesnt allow me to add any more voltage when Unlock Voltage(unofficial overclocking) in Burner's setting - Stuck at 1.212 volts

With my said overclocks on my 960 I cant play BF4/GTA V on Fullscreen (fullscreen borderless works fine). And even if I restore it back to default I still cant play on fullscreen. 352 drivers not ok for me so I reverted to 350(GTA V) using DDU and installed a fresh one(luckily I didnt get deleted my old download)

So, Can I go for the Reference One? I chose the reference one because
1. It matches my Green/Razer Theme
2. I can watercool it later
3. I can sell it for a higher price here in the PH(Not available for retail here)

I'll sell my GTX 960 if I get the 970 and Go buy an H100i / Kraken x61 with the money.

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

With my said overclocks on my 960 I cant play BF4/GTA V on Fullscreen (fullscreen borderless works fine).

what do you mean by this?

the game is too slow/laggy?

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

I'm going to get a GTX 970 as a graduation gift from my aunt.

I want to get the Reference One ( The BESTBUY EXCLUSIVE for $379.99 & its on NEWEGG for $353.99 - IDK why its priced like that).I want to get atleast 1500Mhz on the Core with it. Im OK with 60-80% fanspeed, Im kinda deaf anyway lol

Does this GTX 970 has a BIOS lock for overvoltage? because I recently watched paulshardware video and he's using EVGA Precision X. On my Current 960 I was able to set it to 108% Power Draw / 1534Mhz Core / +30Mhz mem with max temps of 66c These Overclocks were on MSI Afterburner, It doesnt allow me to add any more voltage when Unlock Voltage(unofficial overclocking) in Burner's setting - Stuck at 1.212 volts

With my said overclocks on my 960 I cant play BF4/GTA V on Fullscreen (fullscreen borderless works fine). And even if I restore it back to default I still cant play on fullscreen. 352 drivers not ok for me so I reverted to 350(GTA V) using DDU and installed a fresh one(luckily I didnt get deleted my old download)

So, Can I go for the Reference One? I chose the reference one because

1. It matches my Green/Razer Theme

2. I can watercool it later

3. I can sell it for a higher price here in the PH(Not available for retail here)

I'll sell my GTX 960 if I get the 970 and Go buy an H100i / Kraken x61 with the money.

Have you conciderd MSI Gaming gtx 970 100me? (it's a green twinfrozr 5)

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

With my said overclocks on my 960 I cant play BF4/GTA V on Fullscreen (fullscreen borderless works fine).

what do you mean by this?

the game is too slow/laggy?

I get a DirectX Error and a kernel crash(which some of my friends also experience since the Witcher 3 driver) whenever I change the setting to Fullscreen.

I dont experience any artifacting or framerate dipping

i5 4690k @ 3.5Ghz | Stock Cooler :/ | ECS Gank Machine Z87H3-A2X EXTREME | Gskill RipjawsX 8GB 1600Mhz | MSI GTX 960 100th ME 2GB | Samsung 840 Evo 120GB | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Seasonic m12ii evo 750W | Razer Modded Phantom 410

well thats not to do with how good your gpu is

thats some software issue...your gpu is actually fine for 1080p gaming

Have you conciderd MSI Gaming gtx 970 100me? (it's a green twinfrozr 5)

Yep I considered it. But its a bit too pricey on the side of my aunt and I have a strong feeling that she will say NO. And there are no MSI 970 waterblocks on sale here in the PH :/

what you really should be asking is how to fix the crashing...not what gpu to buy

cause more then likely..it will happen with the 970 as well if you don't fix it

well thats not to do with how good your gpu is

thats some software issue...your gpu is actually fine for 1080p gaming

yep ikr. But since im on a 768p monitor( yes guys kill me now) I wanted to use DSR and I have a problem on VRAM. + I cant max GTA V on 768p because of the 2gb vram limit

yep ikr. But since im on a 768p monitor( yes guys kill me now) I wanted to use DSR and I have a problem on VRAM. + I cant max GTA V on 768p because of the 2gb vram limit

no your fine

you've got some other problems

not hardware...well mostly likely..not hardware

try restoring the drivers to 352.75 

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

what you really should be asking is how to fix the crashing...not what gpu to buy

cause more then likely..it will happen with the 970 as well if you don't fix it

I plan to do a complete reformat since Ill have win10 by then.

Well I think that the 970 is my perfect gift because of the gpu upgrade(I dont care if its minimal - its free teehee) + I can get a decent cooler. If not, I go SLI 960s instead - which most of you guys already said NO.

I get a DirectX Error and a kernel crash(which some of my friends also experience since the Witcher 3 driver) whenever I change the setting to Fullscreen.

I dont experience any artifacting or framerate dipping

that's usually a sign of bad overclock. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

that's usually a sign of bad overclock. 

Even If I restore it to stock clocks and changed drivers ( 352  wc3 to 350 gta)

Even If I restore it to stock clocks and changed drivers ( 352  wc3 to 350 gta)

Try to declock your factory overclock if that fixes anything. 

If it does, RMA your card. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850