Lightpack or alternatives

yannickverc

So I saw a post on Reddit yesterday where a guy had a lightpack on his monitor and I want it so bad.

But I have some questions:

- Does it work on multiple monitors? (I only want it to work on 1 of my 3 monitors)

- it's a crowdfunded project on Kickstarter and idk if it works. (Do you know any good alternatives?)

Thanks a lot

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

So I saw a post on Reddit yesterday where a guy had a lightpack on his monitor and I want it so bad.

But I have some questions:

- Does it work on multiple monitors? (I only want it to work on 1 of my 3 monitors)

- it's a crowdfunded project on Kickstarter and idk if it works. (Do you know any good alternatives?)

Thanks a lot

I've seen this product before and others have brought up this solution when wanting a dynamic backlight, as for multiple mointor support it does seem it can span more than one monitor but I am not very sure if it is capable of just one out of the three.  As for solutions to this I believe this is the most complete package product out there that I've seen since it can be done by programming your own ardunio or strawberry pi which others have suggested before.

http://lightpack.tv/faq#tv-set

• How many Lightpacks do I need?

Please remember that cables length is 70cm (28'). This is why 1 Lightpack covers up to 50'. But you should definitely understand that you can't just use a simple adding up and get 100' with two Lightpacks.

In the most common cases you need 2 Lightpacks for displays from 50' to 62' and 3 Lightpacks for 62'-80' diagonals. It highly(!) depends on the space between the display and the wall and which sides you want to lighten: sometimes it’s recommended to mount two Lightpacks even on 50’ screen.

It's even more complicated for a multidisplay setup because it depends on the displays orientation. We're surely going to make some simple calculator (you can find it on main page) for you to count this. Check out the video demo about synchronous work of several Lightpacks in our 3rd Kickstarter update

I've seen this product before and others have brought up this solution when wanting a dynamic backlight, as for multiple mointor support it does seem it can span more than one monitor but I am not very sure if it is capable of just one out of the three.  As for solutions to this I believe this is the most complete package product out there that I've seen since it can be done by programming your own ardunio or strawberry pi which others have suggested before.

-snip-

I'd use this on my 21:9 29" monitor so I'd have enough with 1 lightpack, the only thing that is keeping me is if it works on 1 of the 3 monitors and nobody seems to know :/

The Beast: CPU: i7 4790K GPU: EVGA 1080 SC Cooling: Dual NZXT Kraken x61 RAM: HyperX Fury 1866MHz Storage: SSD: 500GB Samsung EVO 840 + HDD: 1TB WD MOBO: Asus Z97 - a PSU: RM850x Case: H440 green-black Setup: Link PCPP: Link Evolution: Link 

Gear: PS4 with custom skin // Astro A50 Xbox edition to fit colour scheme // Oppo PM-3 Planar Magnetic Closed Back Headphones // OnePlus One 64GB sandstone

Other stuffs: Acer aspire 128GB SSD 10GB RAM // MacBook Pro 13" 500GB SSD 16GB RAM // A 2009 iMac 21"

I'd use this on my 21:9 29" monitor so I'd have enough with 1 lightpack, the only thing that is keeping me is if it works on 1 of the 3 monitors and nobody seems to know :/

I would contact them and see what they can provide, It's mostly if their software supports selecting screen regions since this uses a capture system to relay the information to the Lightpack. Also it does mention it takes a hit on your CPU performance to do that processing.

I would contact them and see what they can provide, It's mostly if their software supports selecting screen regions since this uses a capture system to relay the information to the Lightpack. Also it does mention it takes a hit on your CPU performance to do that processing.

I read on their website it's like 5% max so I'm fine with that. My cpu is strong enough :)