HUGE Corsair K70 Problem

Go to solution Solved by TheMastr13,

Amazon UK, and it came from Amazon, not a third party seller.

You can:

1) RMA via Corsair

2) Get it replaced by Amazon

3) Return it to Amazon and get your money back

I know a lot of people with K70s and have never heard of this happening. I recommend either getting an RMA or getting it replaced by Amazon. Give it another try, sometimes products are defective  :)

best of luck!

So basically, I have a very big problem with my current keyboard, the Corsair K70 RGB. Basically, whenever I press a key, it does one of four things:

1) Work normally (Clearly the preferred outcome.)

2) Act as if I have not pressed it at all.

3) Registers the pressing of the key several seconds after I have actually pressed it.

4) Acts as if I have double tapped it, and then doesn't allow me to press the key for around another second afterwards.

This mainly happens just with a few keys (z, c, w, Space & Backspace) but happens from time to time with all of them. Obviously, three of the afore mentioned points are extremely major problems, that I am unable to put up with due to the amount of use this keyboard will be getting. I have had this keyboard for just under 2 weeks now, and these problems began to occur around 3 days after receiving it, so this has definitely not happened due to being overused and it's lifespan running out. Having done some research, it seems as if this is a reasonably common problem with the Corsair K70, and I am not happy after paying a premium for such a product. I would like to know what my options are when it comes to returning this, as I am extremely unhappy, and may not be purchasing from Corsair again because of it.

Also to note, I have treble checked that I have all of the latest software, firmware and drivers for EVERYTHING, so this isn't the issue. 

Thanks for any responses.

Who did you purchase it from?

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

Who did you purchase it from?

You can:

1) RMA via Corsair

2) Get it replaced by Amazon

3) Return it to Amazon and get your money back

I know a lot of people with K70s and have never heard of this happening. I recommend either getting an RMA or getting it replaced by Amazon. Give it another try, sometimes products are defective  :)

best of luck!

RMA it?

Replace by amazon?

If he purchased it from amazon and had an issue, he can have amazon ship him a replacement (after he returns his). Or he could get a new one through corsair, through their RMA service

Thanks guys. I've decided I'm going to contact Amazon and ask for a refund, as this isn't the first problem I've had with the keyboard, and I've heard tons of people complaining about problems with K70s, such as LED failures.

Thanks guys. I've decided I'm going to contact Amazon and ask for a refund, as this isn't the first problem I've had with the keyboard, and I've heard tons of people complaining about problems with K70s, such as LED failures.

Very weird... I have no issues at all with mine :huh: Not sure if mentioned, try a complete clean installation of the software?

Sorry to hear about it, makes me realize how lucky I am that I did not hit a defective unit.

Hope your RMA goes smoothly.

CPU: i7-4770K  Cooler: NZXT X60  GPU: Asus GTX 770 2GB  MB: Asus Maximus VI Hero  RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 1600MHz  PSU: Be Quiet! 630 Watt  Case: NZXT H440 

Storage: 120GB Samsung 840 Evo + 1TB Seagate HDD  KeyboardCorsair K70 RGB  MouseG502 Proteus Spectrum  HeadphoneSennheiser HD598  Mic: Blue Snowball Ice

Because they were probably referring to the regular K70. The non-RGB K70 has LEDs held outside of the switch housing. The K70 RGB has LEDs held within the clear switch housing, if I remember correctly. This helps prevent electrostatic discharge. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone on this forum complain about LEDs dying on the RGB variant.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I've requested a refund from Amazon and I am about to go to my local post office to send it off.

EDIT: No I'm not, just remembered it's a bank holiday haha.

Very weird... I have no issues at all with mine :huh: Not sure if mentioned, try a complete clean installation of the software?

Sorry to hear about it, makes me realize how lucky I am that I did not hit a defective unit.

Hope your RMA goes smoothly.

I tried a fresh install and it did nothing. It's a shame, I like the keyboard otherwise, but there are so many issues with it that make it terrible.

Because they were probably referring to the regular K70. The non-RGB K70 has LEDs held outside of the switch housing. The K70 RGB has LEDs held within the clear switch housing, if I remember correctly. This helps prevent electrostatic discharge. I don't know if I've ever seen anyone on this forum complain about LEDs dying on the RGB variant.

Really? That may be correct, I don't recollect anybody complaining about the RGB variant either.

Send it in for a return man

[MOBO:Asus sabertooth z97 Mark 1] [CPU:Intel i7 4790k 4.6 Ghz] [GPU:Asus gtx 980 STRIX SLI] [RAM:Corsair vengance 16GB] [HDD:Western digital 2TB black series] [SSD:Samsung 850 EVO 500GB] [PSU:EVGA 850w G2 Supernova] [CASE:NZXT Phantom 820 ATX] [KEYBOARD:Corsair K70 RGB] [MOUSE:Logitech G502]

Really? That may be correct, I don't recollect anybody complaining about the RGB variant either.

I think so, haha. Well if you end up not getting another K70 RGB, I think I'd recommend a Ducky Shine. Doesn't have RGB, but people say they're some of the best quality keyboards out there.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))