Motherboard internet connection?

So i was wondering what would be a better choice buying wireless adapter for the internet or a 25 feet ethernet cable (cuz PC is downstairs in basement).

what do u guys think?

what are you useing the pc for if your just surfing the web just get a cheap wifi dongle but if your streaming or gaming on it then cabled is best 

what are you useing the pc for if your just surfing the web just get a cheap wifi dongle but if your streaming or gaming on it then cabled is best 

ya im going to be gaming, im sort of a noob at this, so do i need to buy a special adapter and ethernet cable, or does the motherboard have ethernet thing built in it?

Powerline. Best of both worlds.

can u recommend me something cheap to get?

So i was wondering what would be a better choice buying wireless adapter for the internet or a 25 feet ethernet cable (cuz PC is downstairs in basement).

what do u guys think?

Wireless depends on many variables that you haven't shared with us; i.e., what router you have, range, etc.  Short of having this information, I recommend a powerline adapter:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704165&cm_re=TP_Link_power_line_adapter-_-33-704-165-_-Product

I have these in my home and have spoken with others that do as well and they work very well.  A better solution for many people who don't have a great router and range/speed is an issue.

CPU: Intel i7 5930K MOBO: ASUS X99 Deluxe w/USB 3.1 GPUs: 2 EVGA GTX 780Ti Classifieds in SLI CPU-COOLER: Corsair H100i GTX in push/pull w/Corsair SP120 White LED Fans | RAM: EVGA SSC 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4 2800MHz PSU: Corsair AX1200 CASE: Corsair 780T White MONITORs: Dell UP2414Q 24" 4K and ASUS VE247 24" 1080p HDD & SDD: 2 x 256GB Samsung 850 PROs in Raid 0, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, and Toshiba 3TB 7,200rpm 64MB Cache HDD Optical Drives: Samsung 14x Blu-ray Player and ASUS 24x DVD-R/RW

can u recommend me something cheap to get?

You can pick up a decent set of Powerline adapters from TPLink for around $25-30. Search for powerline on newegg or amazon, somewhere like that and you'll get a load of results. 

ya im going to be gaming, im sort of a noob at this, so do i need to buy a special adapter and ethernet cable, or does the motherboard have ethernet thing built in it?

you can buy the cable with the RG45 connector on it and yes your mother board had the adapter. and make sure its cat 5e or cat 6  

A 25 foot ethernet cable would be the easiest solution, but it wouldn't be that elegant. Since you're gonna be gaming, I wouldn't recommend wifi, but like others have mentioned in this thread, you could use power over ethernet (POE) and you'd get a reliable speedy connection. However, then you have to buy a POE kit to plug into your wall sockets, which costs quite a lot more than a 25 foot ethernet cable.

Ultimately I think it's really up to you to decide whether or not you want to go with the easier, cheaper, but less elegant solution, or the slightly more expensive but elegant solution.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick