Looking to buy a new PSU

TheMooman
Go to solution Solved by Luke4efc,

I'd say this should fit. Most PSU's are a standard size. The 5 year warranty should do you good too

http://amzn.to/1K6ngBS

Hi, my previous PSU burst earlier today, and I'm looking for a replacement. Thing is, I'm not yet very good with this stuff (still quite young) and so I would like some help. So, my previous PSU was an Ace model A-500BR 500W, and my main concern with a new one is the size. I need something that isn't really bigger than 150mm x 85mm x 140mm (W x H x D), which is measurments I got from a website that was selling a PSU that's the same as my previous one. My PC consists of:

●Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

●CPU: AMD FX 4310 @3.6GHz or something along those lines, I can't quite check, but I'm pretty confident that that's what it is.

●GPU: Sapphire Dual-X R9 270X 4GB version with OC boost

●HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1000GB (reading off the label)

●One DVD drive and three case fans as well as a near-to-ancient wi-fi card.

Thanks in advance for all the help; you guys are the best

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that I have 8GB of RAM in a single stick, by Team.

I'd say this should fit. Most PSU's are a standard size. The 5 year warranty should do you good too

If you want my attention, quote my post or I will not see it. I ignore builds that do not use PCPartPicker.

If I have solved/answered your question, please press "mark solved" to make it easier for the rest of the community find the answer

Where are you located and what is your budget? That's just a standard ATX power supply, pretty much all aftermarket ones should fit.

"Rawr XD"

That has 3 year warranty I believe, and isn't a particularly good PSU

As above, what sites will you be buying from?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

I'm looking to buy somewhere in the UK and would like the PSU to be quite cheap, because I don't have a lot of money at the moment but I would still like it to be reliable and be able to work without exploding, just like my previous one did :/ As for the sites, Ebay or Amazon, but I'd prefer to go to a local store to buy there once I've made my mind up.

I'm looking to buy somewhere in the UK and would like the PSU to be quite cheap, because I don't have a lot of money at the moment but I would still like it to be reliable and be able to work without exploding, just like my previous one did :/ As for the sites, Ebay or Amazon, but I'd prefer to go to a local store to buy there once I've made my mind up.

What's your budget? £50? £60?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

What's your budget? £50? £60?

~£40, but I may be able to go up to £50

Thanks to everyone for the help, I ended up buying a CX 600W on a sale.

Thanks to everyone for the help, I ended up buying a CX 600W on a sale.

How much for?

How much for?

Found one for £35 at a local computing store, so I thought "why not, it'll be a bit more future-poof than a 500W one"