Z77X-UD3H vs Asus P8Z77-V

As the title goes

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

I personally have the Asus board, and its a great board. The gigabyte board has more USB 3.0 ports (6) compared to Asus's 4 ports. But the ASUS comes with Wifi with their little wifi module. The gigabyte board is also cheaper than the Asus board. Its really up to you.

Like unspec said,its pretty much upto you but if you ask me however i would go with gigabyte cause its cheaper and has more usb 3.0 ports

i will get the WiFi version of the gigabyte board so it will be similarly priced but i can get a CPU+mobo bundle deal locally, so overall, the asus will be cheaper and i am also bought in by the fan Xpert 2 thingy.

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue

The Gigabyte Board has a Dual Bios and is actually "Ultra Durable" along with a set of standard features.

With that said buying Motherboards tends to be more of a "what features/aesthetics ect... do i care about most" situation because the same chipset usually yields near identical results.

There really is no perfect Motherboard, however the UD3H is one of the better Z77 Motherboards you can find. i own one and bought it because of its Durability and ease of use.

Intel Core I5 3570K @ 4.2Ghz w/ Hyper 212 EVO Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H 8GB Patriot Viper 3 1600Mhz CL9 Gigabyte Windforce 3X 7950 @ 1100/1550 Samsung 830 128GB Seagate Barracuda 1TB Fractal Design ​Define R4 Seasonic M12II 750Watt

Honestly just get what looks better. You very likely won't be disappointed by any ASUS or Gigabyte board.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I have GA-Z77X-UD3H in my build, and it is awesome. Buyer Beware, the ON/OFF Charge only works if you install the drivers, and you must have the device plugged in the USB port with the computer off, than you can turn off your computer. Also, Windows 7 might not have drivers for the USB 3.0 ports on the back of the gigabyte motherboard, so I suggest you use your front panel connections if it doesn't work. I would go with the Gigabyte board as it's cheaper.

Main PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/FNsFVY

Secondary PC: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/list/7sv7xY

Former Intel Response Squad Member, May Class.

Member of the LTT Forums since January 3rd, 2013.

I'd definitely go for the asus board, their AI suite II is great for all sorts of things

Like what BeyondNight said, buying a Motherboard is really personal preference and depends on what features are available that you will need.

I have the Asus P8Z77 V-Pro and I must say I'm very disappointed in the Fan Xpert2 software. It does not save your settings once you shutdown and once you boot up it will set your fans to one of the preset settings.

Their AI Suite 2 software is very handy for overclocking if that's what you plan on doing. It allows you to overclock in real time in the OS rather than having to reboot into bios every time to tweak your overclock.

The Wifi-Go module and the features included is also really nice to have. For example, remote desktop and file transfer are the most used applications for me.

In the end it really depends on what features you want on a Motherboard. There's no point buying a Motherboard with features that you won't use.

Go with the asus one, power delivery is better and has better cooling.

the gigabyte isn't a bad choice either, but the asus is better.

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect. But actually from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly timey wimey stuff."

Dont understimate my skillsz, you might look foolish.

Get the board that has the features and the look that you wont otherwise you will unlikely be happy with it. Even though they are both boards that are good and will serve you well, you are the one that has to use it at the end of the day so get what ever one makes you happy.

If you really find something on each board "needable", go with it, if not, go with the one that you think looks best.

MEH

UD3H actually has 6 true phase design with more capable PowerPAK mosfets rather than LF-PAK and 4 phases doubled to "8" on Asus P8Z77-V. UD3H-WB also has dual-band WiFi unlike single band on P8Z77-V. But it has less SATA ports, worse audio codec, and fan control is lacking. So it's up to you.