Internship Interview

namarino

Hey guys, I am a rising sophomore in college majoring in computer science and I was able to get an interview with this company called Keymind, a division of Axiom resource management. I was just curious if you guys could give me any tips or any questions that they may ask me so that I can be prepared. I'm so incredibly nervous...oh man haha. I'm not very experienced, I've only take intro to computer science 1 and 2, but I've learned a lot from those classes and I think that this internship would really help me to gain some valuable experience in the field. Anyway, thanks for the advice, I really appreciate it.

Be Confident, and explain what you are passionate about.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

What is the title of the position you're interviewing for? They'll most likely ask you about projects you've worked on that are related to the position, and questions that will demonstrate your knowledge of what was in the job posting.

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

"This internship would really help me to gain some valuable experience in the field"

There, just be yourself like that and the interview will go smoothly.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Add these lines just in case, "Eager to learn", "Excited to try out new things". That may help you. :)

Developer by day, Gamer by night

CPU - Intel i7 4770k | MOBO MSI G45 Gaming | RAM - G.Skill RipJaws X 1600mhz 4x4gb CL7 | CASE - NZXT H440 | GPU - MSI R9 290 | PSU - Corsair RM850 | SSD - Samsung 840 EVO 128gb | HDD - Western Digital Black 2TB

Just stay calm and be confident about what you know. Don't try to make yourself "too knowledgeable" or try to impress them too much. that might not be a good idea. Also,  don't think that they are expecting too much from you. Like you said, you're just starting out, and it's not that bad if there are a couple of things you still don't know. Just show them in the way you speak how passionate you are and how much you are willing to learn.  :)

I want to build a rig, but I'm not a gamer.   :mellow: