Losing programs when upgrading?!

Hey,

I am building a new computer this year and I was wandering about losing programs when switching OS. I currently own windows 7 professional 32bit and in my new computer I would like a 64bit OS (for more RAM). When I look up about doing this it says that I will loose all my files. This is alright since most of the important stuff is stored online. 

But the thing I'm worried abut is that when I loose my files, will I also loose my office 2010? I need this application but can't really afford buying office professional again. Is there anyway way I can somehow upgrade my OS to a 64bit version (I don't mind windows 7 or 8) without also losing this program?

Thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.

SNIP

Any reason you cannot just re-install office?

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You are not "upgrading" your OS, you are installing another version. When doing this your drive usually gets completely wiped, so all files & programs are gone.

You will have to reinstall all your programs. If you cannot reinstall for some (weird) reason, then yes, you will lose the program.

Normally, if you bought office before you can just reinstall and this is usually the same for other software as well.

I installed it a long time ago and don't have the CD or product key anymore, Is there a way I can just transfer the files off the hard drive onto another one, then put them back on when the new OS is installed?

I installed it a long time ago and don't have the CD or product key anymore, Is there a way I can just transfer the files off the hard drive onto another one, then put them back on when the new OS is installed?

I don't think copy/pasteing will work. I know there are free keyfinder programs, but I haven't used any of them yet so I don't know which ones are safe to use. Maybe you can try one of those (google them first and find some reviews or something). 

FYI: quote someone if you want them to reply, else they probably won't see that you posted something. If you quote they will get a notification.