AVAST Settings?

Shaan5
Go to solution Solved by Godlygamer23,

So What would happen if I turned it off, Would I still have the real time Protection?

Real time protection would still be enabled, but it wouldn't scan HTTPS connections.

I Have recently started using AVAST Anti-Malware(Free) and I'm wondering what settings I should use in it, and I have a few questions

1. What settings should I enable/Disable in AVAST So that It doesn't block out Internet pages,
2. I don't have real time scanning in Malwarebytes so should I disable that as well.
3, Windows defender seems to have automatically turned itself off because I installed AVAST, is this okay and should I use Windows Defender or AVAST
4. Should I enable PUP's scanning in AVAST Or use Malwarebytes for that. Should i even use malwarebytes any more or just AVAST

5. AVAST Came with a Chrome Extension, I deleted it because it was conflicting with other extensions, Should I reenable it

6. How Can i tell whether AVAST Is actively monitoring my PC

Thanks In Advance

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

MB: ASUS Z97-A I SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB I HDD: WD Black 1TB

1.) I would definitely advise you turn down/off DeepScreening and Hardened Mode if they're not already. I find these to cause more issues than they solve.

2.)MalwareBytes can run alongside Avast, even with real-time scanning enabled. You do not need to disable it and it's a good idea to run it every now and again to check for sneaky malware that Avast cannot detect.

3.)Windows Defender only checks for spyware, while Avast checks for spyware, viruses, and trojans. I personally have it off - you can probably leave it on, but if you encounter issues, disable that and see if it helps.

4.)Refer to number 2 above. PUP's is optional. It just tells if there are risky programs installed on your system, like torrent programs.

5.)I don't use any Avast extensions.

6.)It should tell you that everything is okay. In addition, I would also check Action Center(or equivalent) to make sure it's enabled properly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

1.) I would definitely advise you turn down/off DeepScreening and Hardened Mode if they're not already. I find these to cause more issues than they solve.

2.)MalwareBytes can run alongside Avast, even with real-time scanning enabled. You do not need to disable it and it's a good idea to run it every now and again to check for sneaky malware that Avast cannot detect.

3.)Windows Defender only checks for spyware, while Avast checks for spyware, viruses, and trojans. I personally have it off - you can probably leave it on, but if you encounter issues, disable that and see if it helps.

4.)Refer to number 2 above. PUP's is optional. It just tells if there are risky programs installed on your system, like torrent programs.

5.)I don't use any Avast extensions.

6.)It should tell you that everything is okay. In addition, I would also check Action Center(or equivalent) to make sure it's enabled properly.

Ok, I applied all of the settings and it looks good, In Action center, it says that AVAST Antivirus is turned on for Virus Protection and For Spyware/Unwanted software. It says Windows Firewall is running and everything else looks normal. There is no Malwarebytes in Action center but that makes sense because I don't have real time monitoring. As long as AVAST is Installed, Windows Defender stays off, It doesn't even let me turn it on because it says that another program(AVAST) is running and monitoring my PC. It also says that AVAST is monitoring my PC When I click on the ICON.

For some reason though, the Web shield is giving me issues. It doesn't let me sign on to my Reddit account for some reason and blocks out certain sites, Any Fix?

Case: Define R5 I GPU: G1 GTX 970 I CPU: i5 4690k I RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws X I PSU:  EVGA 750B2 I Cooler: Noctua NH D15 

Ok, I applied all of the settings and it looks good, In Action center, it says that AVAST Antivirus is turned on for Virus Protection and For Spyware/Unwanted software. It says Windows Firewall is running and everything else looks normal. There is no Malwarebytes in Action center but that makes sense because I don't have real time monitoring. As long as AVAST is Installed, Windows Defender stays off, It doesn't even let me turn it on because it says that another program(AVAST) is running and monitoring my PC. It also says that AVAST is monitoring my PC When I click on the ICON.

For some reason though, the Web shield is giving me issues. It doesn't let me sign on to my Reddit account for some reason and blocks out certain sites, Any Fix?

You can try adding an exception in the settings.

Once you bring up the Setting window, navigate to Active Protection>Find Web Shield>Click Customize>Exclusions. You should see a section where it says "URLs to exclude."

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

You can try adding an exception in the settings.

Once you bring up the Setting window, navigate to Active Protection>Find Web Shield>Click Customize>Exclusions. You should see a section where it says "URLs to exclude."

Do I even need Windows Defender If I'm using AVAST or is it just unnecessairy.

Do I even need Windows Defender If I'm using AVAST or is it just unnecessairy.

It's not necessary.

It's not necessary.

Ok, I tried putting reddit into the Exclusions but it didn't work. Apparently Disabling HTTPS Can fix it but I don't entirely know what it does 

When i try to login, It just says Error 0, Apparently, it's an issue with AVAST and The way reddit logs you into your account

is it okay to Disable HTTPS

Ok, I tried putting reddit into the Exclusions but it didn't work. Apparently Disabling HTTPS Can fix it but I don't entirely know what it does

When i try to login, It just says Error 0, Apparently, it's an issue with AVAST and The way reddit logs you into your account

is it okay to Disable HTTPS

If you have to, you have to. I don't advise it though. Unless it's just scanning.

If you have to, you have to. I don't advise it though. Unless it's just scanning.

What does HTTPS Do

What does HTTPS Do

First, Avast only scans HTTPS. HTTPS is HTTP Secure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS

First, Avast only scans HTTPS. HTTPS is HTTP Secure. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTPS

So What would happen if I turned it off, Would I still have the real time Protection?

Real time protection would still be enabled, but it wouldn't scan HTTPS connections.

Ok, I think that I'm going to disable it for now and see how it goes.

Thanks A Ton For The Help!