Random Computer 'Crashes'

NeonJam
Go to solution Solved by NeonJam,

@ZEJ Sorry I may sound like a noob but posting the admin event viewer won't show any personal details such as ip addresses ect...

Hi all,

I have just recently 2-3 weeks after Xmas built my first computer. It all went smoothly until now the computer has been randomly 'crashing' and when I boot up it takes a abnormally long time and doesn't show a crash report like windows 7 did, IDK maybe this is because I'm running windows 8.1 Pro. I did in the early days be unable to access and/or save files because of a disk corruption error. I don't have any screen shots of that error but when I look at the admin log its spammed with warnings, errors and critical messages. I thought that my power supply maybe the culprit but now I'm thinking that my disk drive is faulty HDD.

System Specs:

CPU: AMD 6300 6 Core @ 3.5Ghz - Stock Cooler

PSU: Corsair 600W CS Builder series semi-modular

RAM: Kingston 2x4GB kit @ 2133

GPU: Sapphire OC 2GB R9 270X

HDD: 2TB HDD

CASE: NZXT Phantom 410

Motherboard: M5A99X EVO R2.0

Thx for you help,

NeonJam

Well if you are getting critical disk corruption its probably your drive

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

Additionally, if it is the harddrive (which it sounds like it is) you wouldn't be getting crash reports because they wouldn't be able to dump to disk. 

Thanks A lot @ZEJ and @C0LL0SS0S Still open to more help and if it is my drive can I just reinstall windows or get a new drive? Would I get a Crash Report if it was a sudden loss of power?

Do you want to see the admin event viewer would that help?

I'd take a look if you want to post it, can't guarantee anything tho.

If it is indeed the drive, it is likely mechanical issues and needs to be replaced (as if it was software you'd probably get a crash report). 

To be honest, this one sounds like it could be a combination, your PSU could indeed be going bad (could be causing the hard crashes and very long boot up times). The PSU going out could have then caused your HDD to start faulting, which would explain the disk errors you've been getting. 

@ZEJ Sorry I may sound like a noob but posting the admin event viewer won't show any personal details such as ip addresses ect...