Downgrading to Windows 7?

Hey guys!

For a few days now, every time I turn my computer on, it performs normally for around 3 minutes before it automatically shuts down, displaying a blue screen stating: page fault in non-paged area.  I am thinking of downgrading to Windows 7 again, because I've totally over all the windows 8 bugs and errors. I am also experiencing the error 'Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware', and thus freezing my screen, whenever I play any sort of game on steam and I have to restart the game. 

Do you think I should go down to Windows 7 or stay for Windows 8.1...?

Hey guys!
For a few days now, every time I turn my computer on, it performs normally for around 3 minutes before it automatically shuts down, displaying a blue screen stating: page fault in non-paged area.  I am thinking of downgrading to Windows 7 again, because I've totally over all the windows 8 bugs and errors. I am also experiencing the error 'Application has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware', and thus freezing my screen, whenever I play any sort of game on steam and I have to restart the game. 
Do you think I should go down to Windows 7 or stay for Windows 8.1...?

well, seems like user error, not the os, just fresh install windows 8.1, don't buy 7 as 10 is a free upgrade, not worth $$$,and after fresh install don't do anything sketchy.

BUt before you do that, make sure drivers all up to date. and make sure u didn't mess with anything that would cause this.

I suggest either going to 10 or 7 as well. When I switched to Windows 8.1, I generally liked it more. However, it's riddled with bugs and annoying issues that I haven't seen in any Windows OS before it. I haven't tried 10, but if it's less buggy, it's probably a good option.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Well do any of you guys know when Windows 10 will be released? I heard a rumour of around end July 2015...?

Well do any of you guys know when Windows 10 will be released? I heard a rumour of around end July 2015...?

Pretty much

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

if it were me i would downgrade to win7 but since i can use any windows os for free because of microsoft dreamspark i dont think im not the best to answer. but if you dont need to use money to downgrade do it if you need to buy a new license dont its not worth it

@John9786 @Trogdor8freebird

Sounds like it user error, I have been using Windows 8 since early 2013 and have found it more stable than Windows 7, I have only ever had 1 BSOD on this machine that was not related to overclocking, and even then it was buggy driver, not Windows.

As for the Application blocked from accessing graphics hardware, I would reinstall or update your graphics drivers, other than that repair games files in Steam or reinstall the game

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

@John9786 @Trogdor8freebird

Sounds like it user error, I have been using Windows 8 since early 2013 and have found it more stable than Windows 7, I have only ever had 1 BSOD on this machine that was not related to overclocking, and even then it was buggy driver, not Windows

You don't even know what my issues are, let alone knowing whether it's user error or not. -.-

As a sort of off note - I too have only had 1 BSOD on Win 8.1 due to a driver issue.

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

Page fault errors are normally driver related, the application blocked from accessing graphics would point for the graphics driver, @John9786 you've not listed your hardware, we can't do much more than conjecture with out it.

Also feel its worth pointing out that Microsoft have Downgrade rights that allow you to run the previous versions of windows free (provided they are still in active support period, so windows 7 until Jan 2020) however they will not provide you a licence, media, or support to do this. It is legal and your fine to do it if you can source a key that works. You also have to be in the same product level home/pro etc.

You don't even know what my issues are, let alone knowing whether it's user error or not. -.-

As a sort of off note - I too have only had 1 BSOD on Win 8.1 due to a driver issue.

The response was more ment for @John9786 my mistake, but how is Windows 8 so buggy for you then what is crashing so often?

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ