Samsung 840 EVO not reporting Smart nor Detected by Magician Software

Mistral3031
Go to solution Solved by Smile,

yes Version 4.6

I have also done there Firmware update and fix

Ok good. Try this http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2005558/samsung-840-evo-120gb-freezes-starting-samsung-magician.html#12576824

My Storage Config

Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 

Drives: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB (windows 8 os), Crucial M4 128GB (windows 7 os), 2x Seagate 1TB (Raid 0 Steam/game storage)

All drives are connected to the Intel raid controller on the board and is set to raid mode 

I have had this problem since day one but i finally want to do something about it.

My Samsung 840 evo is not reporting SMART and also Smasung Magician Software does not detect the drive at all witch is a shame cus i wanted to try the Rapid or w/e its called feature of the drive. Besides this problem the drive works fine windows 8 installed fine and i use it day in day out was just wondering if someone would be willing to help me out and mabye give me some ideas or a direction to go to fix the problem  

My Storage Config

Mainboard: MSI Z77A-GD65 

Drives: Samsung 840 Evo 250GB (windows 8 os), Crucial M4 128GB (windows 7 os), 2x Seagate 1TB (Raid 0 Steam/game storage)

All drives are connected to the Intel raid controller on the board and is set to raid mode 

I have had this problem since day one but i finally want to do something about it.

My Samsung 840 evo is not reporting SMART and also Smasung Magician Software does not detect the drive at all witch is a shame cus i wanted to try the Rapid or w/e its called feature of the drive. Besides this problem the drive works fine windows 8 installed fine and i use it day in day out was just wondering if someone would be willing to help me out and mabye give me some ideas or a direction to go to fix the problem  

Are you running the latest version of Samsung Magician?

Download Crystal Disk Info to check SMART.

yes Version 4.6

I have also done there Firmware update and fix

just ran crytal disk info (why didn't i think of that) and it reported the SMART, cool thanks

now if i can just get Magician to not give me a drive communication error also says i have to evos installed but there is only one

Tried that and no luck still, getting Magician is not properly communicating with samsung ssd error, after doing some more googling (looking past the three or four pages) i found some post on overclock.net (http://www.overclock.net/t/1484938/samsung-ssd-840-pro-error-cannot-communicate) basically showing that magician doesn't play well with raid even though the SSD is not part of it.  Oh well just wanted to try out Rapid mode but can live with out.  Thanks Smile for trying to help me out but im gona call it some what problem solved.