Building Streaming + Editing PC

hey im building a streaming/editing pc and these r wat im thinking about atm: i hav a standard case, an old motherboard, 250 gb hdd 2gb ram, intel 2 duo cpu.... atm im thinking of buying 8 GB ddr (idk if i need 16 yet), 250 gb ssd, 2 tb harddrive and a 750w power supply. do i need a graphics card? lik gtx 550?

that cpu will barely be able to do much yet alone stream current games you would need a new one, and yes you need a graphics card.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

hey im building a streaming/editing pc and these r wat im thinking about atm: i hav a standard case, an old motherboard, 250 gb hdd 2gb ram, intel 2 duo cpu.... atm im thinking of buying 8 GB ddr (idk if i need 16 yet), 250 gb ssd, 2 tb harddrive and a 750w power supply. do i need a graphics card? lik gtx 550?

what are you trying to stream?

For game streaming/editing the AMD 6 core and 8 core CPU`s wipe the floor with everything intel has below 6 cores.

The misconception on this forum is astonishing really.

Well that entire pc would need an overhaul to have enough power...far more current cpu, a gpu like a nv 960/970/780ti(etc), 8 to 16gb of ram.

I5s are still running dangerously close fx or higher while being far more watt efficient and easier to cool....and thats assuming they run equal which is not universally agreed upon.

In simple terms the ram,cpu,motherboard, gpu are going to need changing. and going below an i5/top end fx would be stupid.

However he needs to specify what games he is going to stream to even suggest a sensible spec as stated earlier

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory