would it make sense for me to get an audio card?

CoolMarquis97

First off, I'm a huge music and gaming fan. I love playing with headsets and listening to all the amazing surround sound. I also loving listening to extremely loud and clear music. (Hip-Hop,R&B,Pop). I already have the Turtle Beach DSS which i guess is a usb soundcard. Would it make sense for me to spend the money and get a decent soundcard for my pc? Would i be able to tell the difference in sound quality.

(I honestly don't use the DSS on the PC. It's only for surround sound on my PS3 and 360)

Thanks for the help

USB has the dac in the adapter/headphone bypassing the internal dac. A sound card won't make any difference.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

The sound card would be no use if you don't plug anything into it. So now, you wouldn't benefit from the sound card at all unless you had some headphones that CAN plug into them. I don't run a sound card on my computer, at least I don't think I do.

I run my computer on my M Audio Fast Track Pro, more for music production or anything else I guess. Lol.

Antec 1100

Asrock 970 Extreme4

955 @ 3.5Ghz

XMS3 16gb

Spahhire HD 7950

OCZ ModXStream 700W

OCZ Agility 3 120GB

Alright, looks like I'll just start using the Turtle Beach DSS with my turtle beach headsets.

Thanks for the Help

USB has the dac in the adapter/headphone bypassing the internal dac. A sound card won't make any difference.

im not really sure with everything you said, but

correct me if im wrong

he is using a usb sound card, where they dont have a amp, like a sound card...

i think you would notice a difference. you can turn it louder, it will be more clear, just get one with a amp, usb sucks anyway imo :P

you seem to love your music, so why not get a sound card just for your pc

im not really sure with everything you said' date=' but correct me if im wrong he is using a usb sound card, where they dont have a amp, like a sound card... i think you would notice a difference. you can turn it louder, it will be more clear, just get one with a amp, usb sucks anyway imo :P you seem to love your music, so why not get a sound card just for your pc [/quote']

I might but if I was to get one, which should I choose as I would most likely want the best sound possible for under like $250

with a headset, you probably wont find anything better unless you get headphones