Cpu upgrade

i was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the cpu in my acer aspire 571g notebook :D

i was wondering if it would be possible to upgrade the cpu in my acer aspire 571g notebook :D

Nope.

EDIT: I'm not sure now... Looks like it is possible.

Laptop: Acer V3-772G  CPU: i5 4200M GPU: GT 750M SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB
DesktopCPU: R7 1700x GPU: RTX 2080 SSDSamsung 860 Evo 1TB 

No. Laptops/Notebooks are not meant to be upgraded/changed. 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Nope.

EDIT: I'm not sure now... Looks like it is possible.

which CPUs do u think are compatible?

Case: NZXT Phantom 410 Cpu: i7 3820 at 4.3 Ghz Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 | Gpu: XFX hd 7970 Ghz 1100Mhz/1600Mhz Ram: Crucial BallistiX Elite 16GB 2x8 Gb 1866 Mhz

SSD's: 2x Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 GB in RAID 0 HDD:Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 Rpm

Cpu cooler: Corsair H100i with SP120's | Psu: Corsair TX 850W My monitors: 3x BenQ 24"  GL2460 = Eyefinity

which CPUs do u think are compatible?

What cpu your laptop is using right now?

No. Laptops/Notebooks are not meant to be upgraded/changed. 

Uhh... they were. But everybody just HAD to go "thin" so now they're not.

I have finally moved to a desktop. Also my guides are outdated as hell.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Uhh... they were. But everybody just HAD to go "thin" so now they're not.

"were" is past tense. When I say they are not meant to be changed/upgraded I mean that as now. Also known as present tense.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

What cpu your laptop is using right now?

i´ve got an acer aspire 571g with an intel core i3 3110m

i´ve got an acer aspire 571g with an intel core i3 3110m

Download CPU-Z and tell us what socket your MB have.

mUWtLO8.jpg

"were" is past tense. When I say they are not meant to be changed/upgraded I mean that as now. Also known as present tense.

Yes, however nobody who's bought a laptop within the last 8 months (the timeframe of them going full-on integrated everything) would be trying to upgrade them now. So when you make that statement, be wary that many of the laptops people are talking about were created in upgrade-able times.

THE INFORMATION GUIDES: SLI INFORMATION || vRAM INFORMATION || MOBILE i7 CPU INFORMATION || Maybe more someday

Yes, however nobody who's bought a laptop within the last 8 months (the timeframe of them going full-on integrated everything) would be trying to upgrade them now. So when you make that statement, be wary that many of the laptops people are talking about were created in upgrade-able times.

my laptop is 4 years old

my socket is rPGA 988b  (socket g2)

It should be upgrade-able. Whether or not you can power/cool another, better CPU however remains to be seen. If you are having trouble finding an upgrade somewhere, you could check upgrademonkey on ebay or rjtech.com (even if they say a CPU is for a "clevo" or whatever, it should fit as long as you get the socket right).

my laptop is 4 years old

Three

Heyyo,

It is possible to upgrade the CPU yes... but selection is limited and prices aren't great.

What's your goal with the upgrade? Overall performance increase on your operating system or gaming? Gaming-wise? I'd recommend to just buy a new notebook tbh.. that NVIDIA Geforce 840M is a very basic GPU and will bottleneck your framerate worse than your current CPU.

GPUs on the vast majority of notebooks are integrated onto the motherboard.. as in not upgradeable. There's only a few brands that have a separate board for the GPU or they offer a stationary dock like MSI.

If you're looking to just make your operating system experience a little faster? I'd recommend trying out Linux with a very memory-light graphical user interface like Lubuntu, Xubuntu (Manjaro Linux I <3 more but it's a little less end-user friendly).

Linux will perform your basic operating system needs and perform them smoothly. The only downside? Certain things like Microsoft Office doesn't have a native Linux client, but you can find software like Libre Office or Open Office that work great in Linux.

Same goes for web browsing. Since Linux saps less resources? It'll chew through webpages a little more efficiently.

Heyyo,

My PC Build: https://pcpartpicker.com/b/sNPscf

My Android Phone: Exodus Android on my OnePlus One 64bit in Sandstone Black in a Ringke Fusion clear & slim protective case