need help!

SV4NL
Go to solution Solved by SV4NL,

I had issues with the Intel stock cooler - it was difficult to get it to seat properly and the temps were exactly like you stated.

It sounds like you have a similar issue and the stock cooler's CPU plate isn't in full flush contact with your CPU heat spreader. When you take it off check how the thermal paste has spread, you will probably notice spotty patches.

thats almost exactly what happend. The cooler wasnt properly seated so it almost immediatly fell of when i was taking it off. I looked at the thermal paste and it wasnt spread at all so i cleaned my cpu and the heatsink and tried seating it without the thermal paste. After I got the hang of it I did it with thermal paste and it went like a charm. now my temps are back to normal and the cooler is somehow more silent than it was which was the whole reason I bought a new cooler. thanks anyway and thanks to everyone who replied!

~SV4NL

yesterday I was trying to install a new cpu cooler but somehow it didnt fit so I had to take it off and put my stock cooler back on but didnt have any thermal paste. today a friend brought some thermal paste to me so I used the pea method to apply the thermal paste but now I see around 70 degrees idling temperatures normally it was 70 degrees when gaming and this is with all my case fans running on the highest speed possible! Also my cpu fan makes a different sound. Can this be the thermal paste or something else?

~SV4NL

CPU: Intel Xeon E5320 @1,86GHz | MOBO: A random HP MOBO… | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 | GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 | CASE: HP xw6400 workstation case | PSU: Random HP PSU| [spoiler=

HellFire (1st build)] CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: MSI Z97-G45 GAMING | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws X 2X4GB | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX770 GAMING (2GB) | CASE: Zalman Z11 PLUS HF1 | PSU: Corsair CS550M | FANCONTROLLER: NZXT Sentry 2 | Storage 300 gb WD VelociRaptor/ 1TB WD caviar green|

mouse/keyboard: CMStorm Devastator | Headset: Plantronics RIG|

If you need me, just quote me!

yesterday I was trying to install a new cpu cooler but somehow it didnt fit so I had to take it off and put my stock cooler back on but didnt have any thermal paste. today a friend brought some thermal paste to me so I used the pea method to apply the thermal paste but now I see around 70 degrees idling temperatures normally it was 70 degrees when gaming and this is with all my case fans running on the highest speed possible! Also my cpu fan makes a different sound. Can this be the thermal paste or something else?

~SV4NL

Hello,

What aftermarket cpu cooler you tried to install??

Do you know the temps of your Cpu before you tried to install the new one??

~SV4NL

hi redo the paste and heat sink, it may have not gotten a correct seal

Hello,

What aftermarket cpu cooler you tried to install??

Do you know the temps of your Cpu before you tried to install the new one??

I tried to install the gelid solutions siberian pro.

My temps were about 30-40 degrees when idling and around 70 degrees when gaming

CPU: Intel Xeon E5320 @1,86GHz | MOBO: A random HP MOBO… | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR2 | GPU: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 | CASE: HP xw6400 workstation case | PSU: Random HP PSU| [spoiler=

HellFire (1st build)] CPU: Intel i5 4690k | MOBO: MSI Z97-G45 GAMING | RAM: GSkill Ripjaws X 2X4GB | GPU: MSI GeForce GTX770 GAMING (2GB) | CASE: Zalman Z11 PLUS HF1 | PSU: Corsair CS550M | FANCONTROLLER: NZXT Sentry 2 | Storage 300 gb WD VelociRaptor/ 1TB WD caviar green|

hi redo the paste and heat sink, it may have not gotten a correct seal

I guess I'll try that

As the blackadder said, clean your cpu and put the paste again(rice method), make sure everything is tied up and chek again.

If is not working then your cpu fan maybe has some trouble work properly.

Check again and let me know if it improves somehow.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!!  :) 

I had issues with the Intel stock cooler - it was difficult to get it to seat properly and the temps were exactly like you stated.

It sounds like you have a similar issue and the stock cooler's CPU plate isn't in full flush contact with your CPU heat spreader. When you take it off check how the thermal paste has spread, you will probably notice spotty patches.

thats almost exactly what happend. The cooler wasnt properly seated so it almost immediatly fell of when i was taking it off. I looked at the thermal paste and it wasnt spread at all so i cleaned my cpu and the heatsink and tried seating it without the thermal paste. After I got the hang of it I did it with thermal paste and it went like a charm. now my temps are back to normal and the cooler is somehow more silent than it was which was the whole reason I bought a new cooler. thanks anyway and thanks to everyone who replied!

~SV4NL