4k gaming/record/stream

denzl

hi,

i want to build a pc where i can play games in max settings and record/stream/render at the same time.

got any of you some ideas?

Right now, that's impossible. You're not going to play any games at max at 4K with most any current available hardware configurations. Furthermore, rendering will kill your CPU, so your framerate will be horrible. Additionally, you can't stream 4K. It's just not possible. Your framerates would be mid-20s at best with SLi Titan X's.

1440p is also good

How about you build 2 PC's for the price it would have cost you to build such a monstrosity and then send me one  :D

if you can put some part list, it wil be fine

get 2

1 for gaming

1 for that stream/record stuff

+ Capture/stream card

most people who stream have multiple systems for streaming.

Give a budget and location.

Right now, that's impossible. You're not going to play any games at max at 4K with most any current available hardware configurations. Furthermore, rendering will kill your CPU, so your framerate will be horrible. Additionally, you can't stream 4K. It's just not possible. Your framerates would be mid-20s at best with SLi Titan X's.

Not really. With a high enough budget that can be achieved no problem. A 5960x can handle streaming while playing a game with relatively low impact. As long as the internet connection can handle it, he's fine.

@denzl do you want to STREAM in 4k, or is streaming at 1080p enough while you play at 4k? In that case it will be much easier and cheaper to achieve.

By the way, welcome to the forum ;) please follow your topics!

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not completely true. I'm playing GTA V at (4096x2160) with a i7 4770K and 2 GTX 980s in sli. As for the rest there's no way in hell you can do all of it at once. People that do both usually have 1 pc for gaming and another for streaming/rendering and they're not running at 4k.

This twitch streamer is only at 1440P. http://itmejp.com/specs/

CPU: Core i7 4770K @ 3.5GHz Motherboard: ASUS Z87-EXPERT RAM: Corsair Vengeance 32GB (4x8GB) 1600 MHz GPU(s): EVGA GTX 980 Classified SLI Case: Coolermaster HAF X Storage: Samsung 256 GB 840 Pro, 2x2TB WD Caviar Black, 2x4TB WD Green PSU: Corsair AX860 860W Display: LG 31MU97-B 4K(4096x2160) and Dell S2716DG 27in 2K 1440p 144hz, Cooling: Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard: Corsair K70 with Cherry MX Blue switches Mouse: Razer Naga Epic Chroma and Death Adder Chroma Sound:Audioengine D1 Dac and Sennheiser HD650 Operating System: Win 10 Pro

@Sauron i'm aiming on highest quality streaming and  play at 1440p and 60hz at least

you should no better then to say somethings impossible in a tech forum lol

Stream pc:

Intel Core i7-4770K,s1150

Asus Z97I-PLUS

Fractal Design DEFINE Mini, zwart

Corsair HX 750i

Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600-8GB (2x4GB)

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Western Digital Green 5 TB

Gaming pc:

Cooler Master Storm Stryker with Window

Corsair HX 1000i

Intel Core i7-5930K

Asus X99-DELUXE

2x Asus STRIX GTX980 DCII OC 4GB

Corsair Vengeance 16GB (4x4GB), DDR4 2666MHz

Corsair Hydro H110 280mm Extreme Performance

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Western Digital Green 5 TB

for streaming pc do i need a graphics card or can it with on board video

only need some idea for capture card.

uhhh no...."Youre not gonna play any games at max at 4K"?? Titan X SLI would handle that...also R9 295x2 SLI or Titan Z SLI..its easily possible. if you have the funds of course

@Sauron i'm aiming on highest quality streaming and  play at 1440p and 60hz at least

but what is your budget? Also, do you care about anti-aliasing? I find it makes no difference at 4k, but you may think differently.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

but what is your budget? Also, do you care about anti-aliasing? I find it makes no difference at 4k, but you may think differently.

buget is 5000 euro, if anti-aliasing doesn't make a difference than i don't care ether. and try at 60fps

buget is 5000 euro, if anti-aliasing doesn't make a difference than i don't care ether. and try at 60fps

There you go, 5k is plenty:

CPU: Intel Core i7-5960X 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor  ($995.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($88.99 @ NCIX US) 
Motherboard: Asus X99-A ATX LGA2011-3 Motherboard  ($249.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Micro Center) 
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX Titan X 12GB Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($999.99 @ Micro Center) 
Case: Corsair 760T White ATX Full Tower Case  ($164.99 @ Micro Center) 
Total: $4178.82
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-05-07 06:50 EDT-0400

Bare in mind that instead of two titan Xs, you could get a single r9 295x2; this would cost a lot less (leaving budget for future upgrades), however you may have to turn down a couple of settings at 4k to reach 60fps in every game.

As others said, if this is not quite enough (but I doubt it) you can buy an additional dedicated streaming system. But I'd give this one a go by itself first.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*