wich one is better

Arunas

i want to buy a power supply but cant decide wich would be better im looking for a 1000w+ so my choises are

http://www.dabs.ie/products/xfx-1000w-fully-modular-ltd-black-edition-80--platinum-rated-psu-7T3J.html?src=3

http://www.dabs.ie/products/ocz-technology-1250w-max-performance-modular-psu-7H48.html?src=3

dont give me this one

http://www.dabs.ie/products/corsair-ax1200i-1200w-digital-atx-power-supply-80-plus--platinum-86R7.html?src=3

as i had very bad expierense recently and lost some money

maybe there is any recommendations? im planning to get not one graphics card as im running 3930k and i will overclock

please help me with my decision and i want quiet one, had good expierense with ocz.

My PC Specs is:
i7 3930k @ 4.1ghz, 16gb 2133mhz rams running at around 2000mhz, 256gb ocz agillity3 ssd x2 raid 0 stripe 128kb, EVGA GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SLI, ocz 1250w psu, asus p9x79deluxe motherboard, Cooler H100i
Windows 8 x64 PRO

I would go with the OCZ because it's cheaper and is rated for 1250w instead of 1000w. The OCZ is only 80+ gold, but that's still a really good efficiency rating. The XFX has an 80+ Platinum rating though so if you're really concerned about power efficiency the XFX will save a little bit more power. I don't have either so I can't tell you about the quality, that's just what I would buy.

"Wisdom III" AMD FX 8120 @ 4.1Ghz // Biostar TA990FXE // 16GB GeIL Black Dragon (8x2) // Saphire HD 7870 OC Edition // CORSAIR TX850M // Curcial M4 64GB (boot) // Seagate Barracuda Green 1.5TB (storage) // Cooler Master Hyper N 520 // Windows 7 Pro 64 bit

I'm just going to say you need at least 3 GPUs to make any of those worthwhile.

With that out the way, are you okay buying from British vendors, or are there any other places you're willing to buy from?

Out of the three, I'd go with the OCZ.

I'm just going to say you need at least 3 GPUs to make any of those worthwhile. With that out the way' date=' are you okay buying from British vendors, or are there any other places you're willing to buy from? Out of the three, I'd go with the OCZ.[/quote']

i would propably buy from irish but from british its just very handy as they providing good return service, at the moment im gonna use 2 graphics cards, u see i had previous bad expierence with lower then 1000w supplies, and when i changed to 1000w+ all problems disapears... propably i will go for ocz as they are good brand.

My PC Specs is:
i7 3930k @ 4.1ghz, 16gb 2133mhz rams running at around 2000mhz, 256gb ocz agillity3 ssd x2 raid 0 stripe 128kb, EVGA GTX 780 3GB GDDR5 SLI, ocz 1250w psu, asus p9x79deluxe motherboard, Cooler H100i
Windows 8 x64 PRO

What makes you think you need that size PSU? SLI you'll want a 750...

I'm just going to say you need at least 3 GPUs to make any of those worthwhile. With that out the way' date=' are you okay buying from British vendors, or are there any other places you're willing to buy from? Out of the three, I'd go with the OCZ.[/quote']

i would propably buy from irish but from british its just very handy as they providing good return service, at the moment im gonna use 2 graphics cards, u see i had previous bad expierence with lower then 1000w supplies, and when i changed to 1000w+ all problems disapears... propably i will go for ocz as they are good brand.

Well yeah, no kidding your problems disappear. You're using a sledgehammer to crack a nut...A really big sledgehammer.

Obviously I can't say for sure, maybe you were just unlucky, but I'm guessing your bad experiences were more to do with the PSU in question than the capacity. I'd recommend looking into Be Quiet!'s Dark Power Pro P10 PSUs. The 750w and 1000w can be had cheapest at KustomPCs, with the 850w being best bought from Amazon. If you're going with two 680s or 7970s you really don't need more than 850w, anything else and even that would be a waste. I mean, if you're rich then go for whatever, but otherwise it's worth considering.

i have at the moment 750w 80+ but for some reason i cant even set rams to 2133mhz.. mode, had this shit before, as well as for overclocking cpu gpus i will need more power then 750...

My PC Specs is:
Windows 8 x64 PRO

i have at the moment 750w 80+ but for some reason i cant even set rams to 2133mhz.. mode, had this shit before, as well as for overclocking cpu gpus i will need more power then 750...

Sounds like an issue that's completely unrelated to the power supply to me. Power supplies don't randomly start having issues at high load levels, especially with a decent quality unit. This is especially as with, say an OC'd 3930k and dual HD7970's, the rig would still only be pulling around 600w at most, under extreme load, so you aren't cutting close in terms of wattage in the first place.

what do you mean by not setting it to 2133mhz does it bsod?

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer